Getting healthier in 2020. Who's in?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Short Version: Who want to set some goals and reach them with me?

Long Version: I have worked pretty hard at losing some weight recently, and am down about 24 lbs. I've basically done the anorexia diet. I don't eat much.. and when I do, it's just a few pieces of bacon during the day, and a small bit of what ever my wife cooks for dinner. As DAA said a few years ago around a campfire while talking weight loss, "It F***ing sucks being hungry all the time", but it's working.
I think I have lost about all I am going to lose with out adding in some physical effort. I sit at a desk most of the day, and in the seat of my truck for the rest of the day.
I also want to be in better physical shape to handle the dirt bike racing I do. It takes a lot out of me to do a couple hours at race pace.
I have a bad back also. Weighing less helps if feel better.. and Yoga stretches really help.

I would like to have some friends help keep me accountable, so I thought we could give it a shot.

I have a little bit of equipment at home to use. I would like to us it 3 times a week.
I would like to do stretches each morning, but a minimum of 5 days a week.
I want to lose at least another 15 lbs before my birthday in March. I peaked at 237, losing 15 more would put be below 200. If I can get even less, great..

I think an accounting each Sunday night for the weeks progress would keep me motivated to hit my goals.

Anyone want to set some goals and reach them with me??

pkrfctr

In May I set up a biggest loser competition. Everyone bought in at $100, skin in the game. The top three split the money 60, 30,10. We did it by percent loss. I dropped almost 50 lbs during the 3 month comp. I'm now down 85. I'll join you as I have another 15ish to go and my focus has wained since the competition. I did a program called 'lean for life' and had good success.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I’ll consider it.
I’ve made a little effort this year and have lost a few lbs.

I’m pretty weak in the food department unfortunately.
And between bad knees and back I can’t do much strenuous exercise.
I did recently get a exercise bike that doesn’t seem to hurt to use.
Dirt biking is the best ambition builder for me. Luckily it’s good exercise too

I peaked at 247. Currently 235ish. Definitely need to be under 200

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I've lost 20 hash tags on the stress/too busy to remember to eat diet.

I wish I could commit to something as I'd really like to knock out a couple triathlons this year, but if I get off my current weight loss program I should probably spend some time with my family before jumping in to other time commitments.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I have a bulged disc from wrecking in that BORR/USRA race Brian. So I went and got a cortisone injection last week and I'm starting spinal decompression with my chiropractor. Hopefully I can sort this out so I can ride and get back in the gym.
If anyone is interested, we've got a personal trainer that we sublet a space to and she would like to put together a men's class 3 days a week. She's quite inexpensive and before I got hurt was kicking my butt into "real fast guy" shape.

Coco

I’m going to start a Ketogenic diet again soon. It honestly makes me feel so much healthier and energetic. Dammit I’m going to miss carbs though!

I am in. I am likely going to do O.M.A.D (basically intermittent fasting) starting in the new year. My father has been doing in for about 3 months, and has had great results. Then I will work in more physical fitness also. I did Keto for about 6 months, and did feel great when I was on it. I lost around 20-30 lbs on it, but you have to stay consistent. I still have keto drinks I will be taking again morning and night, and then I will eat low to no carb when I eat. Not having carbs was the worst part about Keto for me too, but it got better the more I stuck to Keto.

Last edited:

J-mobzz

I’ll join you all too. I’ll probably just drink less beer. Oh and my friend signed me up for a half marathon in Portland for March so I guess my fat ass should start training for that.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Mtn biking keeps me in great shape, but in the winter I turn back into a slob. I ordered some kettle bells that should show up this week and I'm going make a pull-up bar in the basement. That should help.

As for diet, I don't hardly eat any junk food at all and absolutely no soda. So mostly I'm more concerned about maintaining strength.

High-fives!

XJEEPER

I was introduced to the Precision Nutrition program about 8yrs ago and participated in their 12mo Lean Eating transformation program/contest in 2012, qualifiying as a finalist for a $25,000 Grand Prize. While I didn't win any $ (the winner lost 152lbs! ), I dropped 25lbs and 9.4% bodyfat.

What I did win is a clear understanding of the importance of eating the correct portions of food to match your natural body composition, activity and fitness goals. Proper hydration and adequate sleep are also key factors in weight loss and maintaining your health.

I share this image from my finalist photoshoot (48ys old). Being this lean (7% bodyfat) is unrealistic to maintain longterm, but following the structure of the program has allowed me to stay fit (10% BF), gain muscle and hopefully keep doing the the stuff that I like to do for several more decades.

The Precision Nutrition website as tons free articles and infographics to use as a guide for your long-term health goals. https://www.precisionnutrition.com/weight-loss-calculator

Attachments

• PN Finalist 2012 JT.jpg
    PN Finalist 2012 JT.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 31