getting rid of a vehicle

Pike2350

I have a vehicle I'm looking to get rid of. I'm not sure the best way to go about this. What's the best way to get rid of a vehicle that isn't worth crap?

I have a '97 Isuzu Rodeo. It runs but the power steering pump is shot, it leaks oil, is missing front bumper, and heater controls, otherwise in tact. (terrible tires with one not holding air), and mismatched driver door. My offroad truck is a 96 Rodeo, and while I could keep this for parts, other then body and some engine parts, there isn't much there of use....and my wheeling truck has less miles on it by 75K. I also don't really have a great place to store it and start pulling it apart. even in good working order the truck is only worth about $1200-1800, if I'm lucky. With all that would need to be fixed, I can't see getting much even through KSL. I'm sure there are some people that would buy and try it as a mechanics special....but I don't know if I really want to deal with trying to show it and all that, let alone the people that stand you up (since it's not at a place I live currently). I've already posted an ad on an international Isuzu forum, but got no responses....since it seems that the Troopers/Vehicross have better "collectors"....and have yet to get requests for any parts....even the trans/tcase combo with Teralow gears in it.

I called Pick N Pull and got a quote for $140 to have them come pick it up. That seems very cheap to me, but I have no idea really what scrap is on it. Is there a better place to call that may give more? Is donating it even worth it? As much as I don't want it around, I can't see giving it away for $140....so I'm looking for other places to get a little more out of it.

Toad

Cheap Truck Challenge!!! I just bought a ZJ 318 V8. Paid 250 bucks. Sold the wheels for 200.00 I then put UTV tires on it. Welded the rear diff. We will take it out on the desert in southern Idaho and thrash it. Run it till it dies then use for target practice. Cheap redneck fun.

ID Bronco

Cheap Truck Challenge!!! I just bought a ZJ 318 V8. Paid 250 bucks. Sold the wheels for 200.00 I then put UTV tires on it. Welded the rear diff. We will take it out on the desert in southern Idaho and thrash it. Run it till it dies then use for target practice. Cheap redneck fun.

Fun yes, please keep the trash/mess/redneck in Utah

Pike2350

My stepdaughter bought a 1995 Trooper, which immediately threw a rod on the way home, so I would be interested in the engine if still available.

The engine is still available...although, I believe the 95 Trooper is the OBDI and mine is the OBDII. I'd be willing to throw in the computer and all that, but I'm not sure how that all works and if it makes the swap much more difficult.

My problem is not having a way to get the engine out. The truck is accessible, so if you had the ability and tools, you could come and pull it....and I'd give you a good deal on it all.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
I have the room and ability to take the entire vehicle and pull the engine here. How many miles, what condition is the engine in? Need to know if it's worth it to make the swap. What are you asking for the Rodeo?