GM LQ4 rebuild

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Pretty. I remember parts day pickup. My stack looked very similar to yours but I also had cleggs go through my L92 heads

I love the look of freshly machined engine parts! I'll have a local shop go thru my 243 heads, that shouldn't be too hard to get done.

$1800?! been awhile since I had engine machine work done. :eek: Good to know though, since I"ll be doing this, probably there, soon enough. :D

Parts were $900, looks like the pistons were half of that cost. FelPro gasket set, oil pump, bearings, rings and 2 new connecting rods... it adds up quick. They claimed their prices for parts were pretty competitive with Summit, etc.

Labor for the machine work was $700, which is about right. If I sourced the parts myself, the total from the machine shop may have been more affordable.... but I'd still need the other parts.

Building an engine isn't cheap!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
yeah, that's not a crazy price, at all. I haven't built an engine ground up in quite a while though LOL so it's good to have some ballpark OT hours to aim at hahah.
My engine is going to be mostly a stock rebuild, with a cam and headers, nothing "rowdy". :D Should be plenty for a CJ7 MOOAHAHAH