gnitset, 321, gnitset

Crinco

Meat_ said:
Looked better lying on it's side with tire smoke and aluminum dust flying around :cool:

Smoke and Dust?
It wasn't really that exciting, it just kinda tipped over. :rofl:
Maybe next time will be more exciting;)

Meat_

Banned
Crinco said:
Smoke and Dust?
It wasn't really that exciting, it just kinda tipped over. :rofl:
Maybe next time will be more exciting;)

I was actually more entertained by watching the serp belt try to keep going every time you let out of it :D

The tire smoke was lessened by the gas running out onto the tire :rofl:

Attachments

• rubber.jpg
    rubber.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 14

Crinco

See now, I thought you were making fun of me for dumping it on its side on Sunday! That photo could only be from Saturday on Rif-Raf. That was a whole other problem! I had failed to get past that spot the last time I tried because it nearly ripped off my exhaust (different vehicle), so I really wanted to get over that, but time and tires had taken their toll on that spot and it won the battle that day. There will be another time, and I am sure someone will have a camera there to record my victory :) Oh, and that gas problem is gonna get fixed real soon too.
Yeah, I lost a years worth of rubber trying, but it sure was a fun weekend, thanks to the guys at BFE and U4WDA!

Crinco

I was actually more entertained by watching the serp belt try to keep going every time you let out of it

You might be on to something here!!! I have been trying to track down a weird noise that I get when I let off the gas when I have rodded it kinda hard and I think that might be it. I did loose that belt once last weekend, after a climb. I wonder if the belt tensioner can be adjusted tighter. It is a new belt.
Hmmmmm......

Thanks Meat!
Why didn't you run Greenday with us???

Meat_

Banned
Crinco said:
..Thanks Meat!
Why didn't you run Greenday with us???

I was there :) I was Badgers (XJ) camera b!tch... btw, I think I have some more pics of your rig that didn't get posted if you want I'll look.

What was the deal with the gas anyway?

Last edited:

Crinco

I have tried looping the hose (vent), running it down then up, what ever I try if the tank is more than 3/4 full then it runs out the vent when I tip the nose of the buggy up. I am turning the tank around real soon so the vent hole will be to the front of the tank and will not leak as much, and I plan to put in a restrictor so that if it does leak it will be just a very small amount. I did my gas tank completely backward, I don't know why I didn't see the problems it would create before I put it in. The enigine starves for fuel on extreme angles when the fuel level starts to drop, I just didn't think it would happen I guess. When you build a vehicle everything is a learning experiance I guess :)

I was there I was Badgers (XJ) camera b!tch...

You didn't have your truck there though, I want to see you pound that new diff cover!:D If you have more Pics I would love to see them. Thanks

Meat_

Banned
Crinco said:
..You didn't have your truck there though, I want to see you pound that new diff cover!:D If you have more Pics I would love to see them. Thanks

Nah it's missing a few vital components for anything too serious.... like a skid plate... and a non leaking freeze plug behind the starter :mad2:

I hate to do too much to the K5 cuz all the goodies are going into a buggy this spring/summer (hopefully)

Give me an email addie and I'll send you the full size pics :)

Crinco

It's hard to put money into something when it is headed for retirement, I know. It is safe to say though that for most people it takes a year to build a good reliable off road machine. Plan to spend $10,000 and don't be surprised when you hit the $15,000 mark, then $18,000.... Some of them parts can be pricey:eek: :eek: Take the time to build it right and you will not have leaky gas tanks....I mean you will not be sorry.:rolleyes:
My Jeep was old and worn so I sold it and went new as much as I could, really adds up fast$$$! I even put in heated seats and extra 12v plugs for the heated blankets so my wife would not freeze to death, for a buggy with no heater, heated seats are a must! That alone may be the best item I bought and added. Well, good luck with your build up! It is a lot of fun for sure.

Meat_

Banned
Crinco said:
It's hard to put money into something when it is headed for retirement, I know. It is safe to say though that for most people it takes a year to build a good reliable off road machine. Plan to spend $10,000 and don't be surprised when you hit the $15,000 mark, then $18,000.... Some of them parts can be pricey:eek: :eek: Take the time to build it right and you will not have leaky gas tanks....I mean you will not be sorry.:rolleyes:
My Jeep was old and worn so I sold it and went new as much as I could, really adds up fast$$$! I even put in heated seats and extra 12v plugs for the heated blankets so my wife would not freeze to death, for a buggy with no heater, heated seats are a must! That alone may be the best item I bought and added. Well, good luck with your build up! It is a lot of fun for sure.

Ya I was figuring around 10k with no skins until next year, the only thing I'll need for the power train is a different t-case, prolly end up running a D300 for a year or so..... I'm not going to do any of the tube work, but I'll do the finish stuff.

And I already have a fuel cell that doesn't leak ;)

Crinco

Well I think we have just about "tested" this thread to death:rolleyes:
Thanks for the Pics, Meat! I never get any photos of me when I go out, hard to take pictures of yourself when your driving! I did get a video from a friend that has lots of me in it, good stuff.

Meat_

Banned
Crinco said:
Well I think we have just about "tested" this thread to death:rolleyes:
Ya I think this dog will hunt

Crinco said:
Thanks for the Pics, Meat! I never get any photos of me when I go out, hard to take pictures of yourself when your driving! I did get a video from a friend that has lots of me in it, good stuff.

I noticed your camera b!tch had a cell phone so I shot a few extra of your rig. :rofl:

Did you see the vid of your bouns on Minor Threat? I could prolly arange a divx version of it for you.

Crinco

Meat_ said:
Ya I think this dog will hunt

I noticed your camera b!tch had a cell phone so I shot a few extra of your rig. :rofl:

Did you see the vid of your bouns on Minor Threat? I could prolly arange a divx version of it for you.

Yeah, He's a B!tch. I need to get a camera in his hand and make him earn his ride:greg:

Yeah I seen the video, did you film that? That was a fun day!