Going to get new tires

DAA

I know I'm not the only one here that always leaves the house like this when going to the tire store for new tires...

IMG_00551.jpg

Ram 1500 at Discount now, should be done in about an hour. Goodbye Duratracs, hello KO2's.

- DAA

RockChucker

Good call. Duratracs have got to be the most overrated tire out there right now.

Hard for me to hate them. I just replaced the set on my 3/4 ton duramax. 50k miles with lots of towing. I replaced with KO2s for the main reason they have 3 ply sidewalls instead of 2 ply the duratracs have.

Houndoc

Hard for me to hate them. I just replaced the set on my 3/4 ton duramax. 50k miles with lots of towing. I replaced with KO2s for the main reason they have 3 ply sidewalls instead of 2 ply the duratracs have.

Agree with you there. Had a set on our Duramax that where on the truck when we bought it. Think close to new at that time but don't know for sure and we put 50K+ on them before replacing them at start of winter. Being cautious since was my wife's DD until last month but probably could have easily gotten another 5k out of them for dry roads.
Far more agressive than what we ever needed for our use, but without question have been the longest lasting tire I have run on any of my trucks.

DAA

I only got 41K out of mine, E rated, on a half ton. Hate to say I hated them, but for the last 15K miles, I did hate them. Not bad for the first 25K, but the last couple of years they have sucked. Noisy, rough riding, ton of weight to balance, lousy traction under all conditions once over half worn. Just nothing good to say about them after the first 25K.

Glad to see them gone and I won't ever buy them again. Have been running KO2's on my LX470 for a few years and really like them. Still have them on it, plus on my wife's Jeep and now on my half ton. I don't really expect to get any more life out of them than the D-tracs on my truck, but I do hope to not hate them as much after they get a few miles on them.

- DAA

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I didn't hate our Duratracs either, I just hated that they weren't awesome. For what I paid for them, I wanted awesome, and I found the snow/ice traction to be kinda average.

They did get super loud as they wore down, too. I wasn't sorry to see them go.

Reactions: DAA