Good deal on a hobart 175 ?

kirk86CJ

I can get a 2 year old hobart 175 mig with guages, cart, but no tank for $350.00

Seems to be clean, the guy says its used about 3 spools of wire. I have it now to try it out. I will borrow a tank and try it.

Assuming it works fine, is it a good deal?

Thanks
Kirk

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Arc Services had one brand new but with a dent for I think around $500 last week they still may have it. It came with the factory warranty

BOB-CAT

THE PUNISHER
kirk86CJ said:
I can get a 2 year old hobart 175 mig with guages, cart, but no tank for $350.00

Seems to be clean, the guy says its used about 3 spools of wire. I have it now to try it out. I will borrow a tank and try it.

Assuming it works fine, is it a good deal?

Thanks
Kirk

Good deal if it works. :D

Caleb

bobdog said:
Arc Services had one brand new but with a dent for I think around $500 last week they still may have it. It came with the factory warranty

You ought to call around to the area shops and see what they have...just like this dela bobdog pointed out. My previous employer picked up a nearly new MM251 (the torch had never been used, the paint was perfect, the thing was amazingly clean) for $600. The shop took it in on trade from a guy that bought it and decided he wanted something different the same day...I thought it was going to be a POS for $600 but when I took them the check and picked it up I was shocked. We did spend an additional $1800-$2000 on additional guns and such for it though. I almost bought a tig machine a while back, a local shop had just taken it in on trade (it was the Miller 180SD) they would have sold it to me for $600...if I could have sold my current welder I would have done it but they needed to move it fast (and at that price I am sure they did) so there wasn;t time for me to sell (and I got screwed last time I sold my welder to buy another one). Point is, call around and talk to the salesman AND the repair shop (often the repair shop will tell you stuff the salesman wont, like what htey paid for it :D)...also sometimes things get left at the repair shop, you pay for the repair and its yours (my bro-in-law has gotten some NICE equipment this way).

Overall, if it works it looks like it would be a killer deal.