Good mechanics in the south valley (Souther Salt Lake County)

redrockrover

I am in need of safety and emissions for my new to me Jeep. I just got rejected for a bumper that is not wide enough. I did not agree with the tech but what do I know. Here is a picture of my Jeep and I feel that my bumper is wide enough. What are your thoughts? It goes from fender to fender. It does not extend out to the fender flair. The tech said I need to have it extend out at least one inch past my track width. I don't think I have ever seen a Jeep with a bumper wider that it's track width.

The bumper did get tweeked, hit in a parking lot from the previous owner on the driver side. If you look closley in the picture you can see that it is just a little tweeked.

I just need to get it to pass this year, because they are doing away with safety inspections next year.

Can anyone identify the the manufacture of my bumper? I have never seen one like it before. I haven't decided if I want to replace it with something beefier or just to keep it.

Thanks,

Russ

Attachments

• LJ Rubicon1.JPG
    LJ Rubicon1.JPG
    697.5 KB · Views: 28

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Your bumper needs to go to the centerline of the tire. You're legal, take it anywhere else and get it passed then file a complaint against the idiot tech that failed it.

RogueJeepr

Here!
It should pass, even your tires are covered. What a duech bag. He's just mad cause he wont have a J.O.B. next year.[emoji1]

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk