Good Toilets?

Brad J

Our home is 20 years old with the original Toilets and they have issues with getting plugged up when certain people use them. Is there a brand that you would recommend no longer having this problem with?
Thanks, Brad

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My sister in law has "Church" brand toilets in her home. I've never seen them anywhere else. They seem to work fine. I mostly just like the fact that I feel like I'm a much better person when I visit there....going to church several times a day and all.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have installed about 50 of the $100ish dollar home depot cheap toilets. They don't have issues. Anything new is going to be light years better than what you have.

If you don't have a bolt on bidet ($30 on amazon) you need one of those also. Not only because they are awesome.. but it also keeps toilet paper out of the bowl, making an easier flush.

Brad J

American Standard Champion 4 solved my clog problems. 🙂
One piece or 2 piece? It looks like the 2 piece are having issues leaking in most of the recent reviews. The One piece reviews look really good.

Attachments

• Champion 4 One Piece.PNG
    Champion 4 One Piece.PNG
    72 KB · Views: 7
  • Champion 4 Two Piece.PNG
    Champion 4 Two Piece.PNG
    59.2 KB · Views: 7

Brad J

I have installed about 50 of the $100ish dollar home depot cheap toilets. They don't have issues. Anything new is going to be light years better than what you have.

If you don't have a bolt on bidet ($30 on amazon) you need one of those also. Not only because they are awesome.. but it also keeps toilet paper out of the bowl, making an easier flush.

That is really good to hear that the cheapest ones would be better than what we have.
I came home to a clogged toilet 2nd night in a row so I've got to move this up on the list.

4x4_Welder

I've installed about a dozen of the Lowes Project Source ones, and liked them enough I installed one in my house. My kids can still clog it with giant wads of paper, but it's never clogged on me in three years. The dual flush is nice too.

Brad J

Yesterday I came home to an overflowing toilet so this got moved up on the priority list to "get it done now". We got two American Standard Champion 4 - 2 piece Toilets (my 2nd pic earlier). I got both toilets replaced and also the Baseboards behind them from water damage from the shower and prior Toilets. We are all very happy with them and they are performing their job flawlessly.

We have been looking at Bidet's on Amazon but we don't have a plug by the Toilet. Is cold water too cold to do the Non Electric? The girls are not real thrilled about it. I don't see an easy way to get a plug by the Toilet. I figured that we'll get one and see how it goes and then I can see if I can get a plug installed somehow with the Basement ceiling being finished below them.

Thanks for the help.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Yesterday I came home to an overflowing toilet so this got moved up on the priority list to "get it done now". We got two American Standard Champion 4 - 2 piece Toilets (my 2nd pic earlier). I got both toilets replaced and also the Baseboards behind them from water damage from the shower and prior Toilets. We are all very happy with them and they are performing their job flawlessly.

We have been looking at Bidet's on Amazon but we don't have a plug by the Toilet. Is cold water too cold to do the Non Electric? The girls are not real thrilled about it. I don't see an easy way to get a plug by the Toilet. I figured that we'll get one and see how it goes and then I can see if I can get a plug installed somehow with the Basement ceiling being finished below them.

Thanks for the help.

We are just using the $30ish dollar units. Just cold water. It’s not an issue.

Another vote for cheap bidet… no need for heat, air blowers, strobe lights or any of that jazz. Cold water on your junk is just fine, even for the ladies 😊
It does leave you fairly wet, I’d say 3 squares on avg to dry off