Goodyear Silent Armor thoughts?

Houndoc

Needing to put some new shoes on my wife's 2006 Sierra 2500 Duramax.

We have been running Duratracs and have been pleasantly surprised at how well they have lasted, but they are a more aggressive tread than what I really need on that truck, and can get Silent Armors for about $350 less on a set of 4 right now.

Anyone have much experience with the Silent Armors?

Open to other suggestions for the rig as well.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
No experience with Silent Armors, but I did consider them back when I initially purchased my 2001 Suburban 2500. I ended up choosing the similar Goodyear ArmorTrac instead. Those tires now have over 30,000 miles and they probably still have at least half of their tread left, if not more. Not very aggressive, they offer just enough traction to handle dirt/gravel/etc that I occasionally encounter when towing. They are load range E, and they are quiet and comfortable. I've been very pleased with them.

33b16728-dcde-4e9c-8055-9bddd89618c7_1.fa8863cfe7d70afe9a9f3eb344d2739c.jpeg

Just a thought.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I had them on my 2004 Dodge. Was VERY happy with their on road and off road performance. Good mpg and seemed like they would get good mileage before needing replacement. I lost three of them on punctures through the tread on dirt roads within about 3-4 months. For that kind of cash and how the failures happened, I had higher expectations.

981A72E7-FDAC-430C-BEFD-E2F84129C4D5.jpeg

I’d love to run them again but have went to other tires. I do know other folks that really like them. On that truck, (285 70 17 in E rating) they were fragile on dirt roads.

Houndoc

Too bad to hear about the punctures. Truck doesn't get much off road- little mild to moderate during the deer hunt is all.

Good to hear overall good feedback.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I had a set on a ford explorer and a chevy 2500 gasser. Both sets had around 20K on them when I sold the vehicle and still had great tread life. I never had any issues with either set. I have read about sidewall bubbles on some, but never experienced that. I'd buy them again.