Topic of Discussion Gooney Bird Rock and luck

Driving over Gooney Bird Rock brings...

• Bad luck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
A few friends of mine have recently brought up some scandalous ideas about driving over the toes of Gooney Bird Rock. Some are saying it brings good luck, and some are saying bad luck. What say ye?

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I did just that on a Friday the 13th nonetheless, and barely lived to tell the tale!
Mercury may have also been in retrograde. I can't be sure.
YMMV

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I did just that on a Friday the 13th nonetheless, and barely lived to tell the tale!
Mercury may have also been in retrograde. I can't be sure.
YMMV

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Good luck no Jeep breakage anytime I've done gone over the toes. Last time we went past the dune buggy that didn't sheared a woodruff keyway on the crank pulley... If that ain't bad luck for skipping over the toes nothing is.

LJTim

I'm all for it, but if you don't give the thank you drive, you'll have breakage the next day, or on the way back to camp. Happened to 2 of my pals last time on MM.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
First time we took my Jeep down to Moab we had no breakage and we drove over it. No Problems and No breakage.

Last time we went down (proposal trip) I don't believe we went over the Toe.... Front differential gave up the ghost and began the plethora of Problems I had last year..... I think it's good luck.

Correct me if I'm wrong @Hickey... I just need something other to blame besides my own vehicle incompetence.... :ugh: