Gooseneck trailer deck ideas?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Since I am now the legal owner of my recently acquired trailer, the lower deck needs a few boards repaired/replaced. The big question I have is what, if anything that upper deck could be useful for? I've kicked around putting a rooftop tent or two up there. Not sure how I feel about that. Some of you will mention a tent trailer and I'd rather go with a roof to top tent for some reason. Just personal preference.

I am also curious what kind of an aerodynamic "sail" that flat piece of deck is coming off the roof line. Would I be $ ahead to just remove the deck? The side panels are SUPER easy to remove (and are gone but still available). One of my friends suggested a hot tub but that'd get pretty heavy up there once we started figuring weight of water and people in the tub... could get interesting.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
On my gooseneck, that is were I put the spares tires for the trailer and the truck...

Could be a cool place for a tool box for straps and such...

As far as camping gear goes, we usually just put it in the jeeps on the deck in the hopes that it might stay dry...

When I first saw that box I thought it was pretty cool, but now you ask I can't think of anything to put in there, although it is nice to tie a tent down to that big flat bead so you stay out of the dirt. It is kind of like having a redwood deck on your double wide... :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
While some of the suggestions above are useful, I think I'll just pull the deck off for now. With the way the wind would come off the truck roof and gather behind the cab and over the tailgate, having that flat mess right there has got to amount to pulling a sail of some kind. Curious if I can get just a little more mpg by pulling that thing off. If there's no difference, we'll throw the hot tub up there :D