Got me some new meats!!!

Caleb

Yep thats the reason for the 16.5" and I really didn't want to deal with the caliper issues witha 15 inch rim and 16 inch is limited on sizes...

also I figured I am going with Beadlocks so the disadvantage(no safety bead) of the 16.5" does not matter:D

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Yeah - with the Beadlocks you won't have to worry about the 16.5" rims lack of a safety bead. Of course that really only comes into play when the tires are aired down to low pressures. At street pressures the lack of a safety bead realy is a non-issue.

Hell - 16.5 is only 1/4" less than the 17" rims I'll be going with as far as height! Saves you some $$$ and you get the same advantages as the 17" rims.
Scott

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
only bad thing about the 16.5 is that it seems like the tire companies are trying to phase out that size to the 17" rim instead (eg BFG)

Caleb

Yeah it kinda seems like that but I think (if it happens at all) that it won't be for a long time before they are phased out...I have heard that about 32" tire size...but that was about three years ago and everyone is still making them???