Got Moab?

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Anyone want to get together for a camping trip to Moab sometime in March? I have been away from there for too long, so it's time to start planning.

Let's toss some ideas around and see when this could happen.

Parker

Originally posted by Brent
sorry, plannin a trip to az, and johnson valley the middle of april, or I'd be up for it.

Sooooo... you think you were going to take off to J.V. and not fill the rest of us in, huh? I wanna' go. Who's goin'?

Nixter

on the road again...
Originally posted by RedRockXJ
Anyone want to get together for a camping trip to Moab sometime in March? I have been away from there for too long, so it's time to start planning.

Let's toss some ideas around and see when this could happen.

You know the safari is in March, right??? When you plannin on going??

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Originally posted by Nixter

You know the safari is in March, right??? When you plannin on going??

Crap, I thought it was in April for some reason. I hate going during that, too many people on the trails. Maybe in April then, or sometime in March when the safari isn't going on.

Brett

Nixter

on the road again...
Too many people?

I like going to see other rigs, get ideas etc.... But I agree, too many people. Hell, I can remember a time I have been to Potatoe Salad on big Sat, and there were only 5 people there. If your going to wheel, your better off on another time.

Brent

another nobody
yea, and if I'm going to drive 4 hours pullin a jeep behind me I'm going to wheel the thing, I hear there was some idiot with all thread ubolts or axle welded to springs that broke on heldorado last year, and took all week to move the thing.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
yea, and if I'm going to drive 4 hours pullin a jeep behind me I'm going to wheel the thing, I hear there was some idiot with all thread ubolts or axle welded to springs that broke on heldorado last year, and took all week to move the thing.

Yeah, I made the mistake of running Poison Spider when the Safari was on a run as well. I think I had to wait over an hour for them to get out of my way.

So, some time other than during Jeep Safari. When could everyone actually get together for a trip?

Brett

Nixter

on the road again...

That's what sucks about Lower. Your behind a rig that's broke, you better pack a lunch, or convince all the people behind you, to back up. :mad:

Nixter

on the road again...
Originally posted by RedRockXJ

Yeah, I made the mistake of running Poison Spider when the Safari was on a run as well. I think I had to wait over an hour for them to get out of my way.

So, some time other than during Jeep Safari. When could everyone actually get together for a trip?

Brett

Yea, I have been on the Spider with the Safari, and thought I would never get out.

DToy

I made the mistake one year of running Pritchett on one of the Saturdays during the Safari. We were ahead of the Safari group, but we had to wait for over 4 hours at Rocker Knocker because of all the people lined up trying to get up. That particular trip the safari group ended up turning around at Rocker Knocker and going out the way they came. It took us 14 hours to finish the trail.

I'm thinking of going down either the week before or the week after Easter. What trails are everyone thinking of running?

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Originally posted by DToy
I'm thinking of going down either the week before or the week after Easter. What trails are everyone thinking of running?

I wouldn't mind going down either of those times. As long as it's not during Safari, I am happy.

As for trails, it depends on what I can get done on the Jeep in the time between now and then. I might be able to at least get a LockRite in the rear, so that should help me out. I am up for anything that my Jeep can do with or without help.

Brett

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
I'll be staying in canyonlands campground, in the middle of moab. My tow rig is a black 99 F-350 with a Lance camper. Come around and we can run a trail if you would like.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by WayneXJ

I'm already planning on being there the 24th-29th.

I'll be there around the same time frame. Blue '77 GMC with a camper shell tow rig(unless I can find a steal of a deal on a Lance Camper :D) and the mighty '91 XJ (or something like mighty).

I think Cody is going down as well around that time, but I'm not really sure. This could work out really nice....

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Well, sounds like there's gonna be a bunch of you down there, so I might as well try and join you! I'll be in my '90 Cherokee ......tow rig is....uh....I don't have a tow rig!

I'll see about my friends as well.