Got my new axle!

muleskinner

Just got it back. Toyota 3rd w/5.29/Detroit. Uses 1/2 thick axle tubes, dana knuckles, chevy rotors & calipers,warn hubs, and 44 shafts. 60'' wms.:D

muleskinner

Charles @ Rocky mountain Axle. Uses stock lenth 44 shafts also. 1 ton dodge tierod ends with 1/4 DOM tube. Draglink from allpro with fj80 ends.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by spencurai
and what does one of these jobbers cost complete out the door?

Is it really worth it?... $350 for Longs... $300 for Hy-steer and your now much stronger than a D44 without the custom parts.

But a high cool factor:D

muleskinner

$250 to build it. I picked up a 75 cherokee 44 for a $100 with the flat top knuckles, shafts, roters, etc. Works pretty well and I like working on it alot more than those damn dirty birfs.:D (still has the drop out 3rd also;) ):D I sold my hi-steer and brake lines for the same amount as the new stuff cost, so that diddnt matter. Just had to have chevy brake line ends flared on my toy hard lines and ran standard spline lines with a banjo fitting. Drives better IMO.

MattL

Cheromutt? hmm wrong dude I think.

That is one sweet looking axle. was there a weight difference change?

muleskinner

Originally posted by rckcrlr
Charles has been building those for a long time. When I worked at AFWD we called them Toylet axles.

Yea thats where I saw Dj's about 10 years ago. He's had great luck with his. I am welding my driveline up tonight its 1/4 wall DOM tube. Probably go try it out somewhere tomm.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by muleskinner
$250 to build it. I picked up a 75 cherokee 44 for a $100 with the flat top knuckles, shafts, roters, etc. Works pretty well and I like working on it alot more than those damn dirty birfs.:D (still has the drop out 3rd also...

Well in that case its not a bad investment...but get some CTM joints...;)