Got profiled again.

Jesser04

I’m a firm believer of profiling I also try to not give them a reason to stop me. License plate light is an easy fix I’ve replace mine with high quality leds and always replace both light when one goes if one goes out the other is not far behind.

Jesser04

I can see an over the top light bar for your license plates in your future

They’d probably stop you for improper lighting... I always get a kick out of people with their plate in the front window. You can’t get stopped for no front plate but you can get stopped for improperly displaying a front plate. Anywhere but a factory location is ground for stopping you. They should make tint, mud flaps and flares a secondary violation.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
The first pull over was the first I knew about the light. I have been working all weekend so not able to get it fixed. I fill it is a joke that I was pulled over for it the first time. Even bigger joke the second time. Yes I will get it fixed when I have a min.

Houndoc

Easy to blame car/race/clothing, whatever you thinks describes yourself.

Reality is many of us have been stopped for a trivial reason and probably have nothing to blame it on other than police officers doing their job.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Easy to blame car/race/clothing, whatever you thinks describes yourself.

Reality is many of us have been stopped for a trivial reason and probably have nothing to blame it on other than police officers doing their job.
If you think our tax dollars are put to good use by paying an LEO for pulling people over for silly things like license plate lights, mud flaps, or fender flares then good for you. I know it was an excuse to pull me over and see if he can catch me for something else. I'll be fixing my light tomorrow. The first time I could laugh about, the second time I was on the way to the hospital because someone was having a heart attack I was upset about.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
If you think our tax dollars are put to good use by paying an LEO for pulling people over for silly things like license plate lights, mud flaps, or fender flares then good for you. I know it was an excuse to pull me over and see if he can catch me for something else. I'll be fixing my light tomorrow. The first time I could laugh about, the second time I was on the way to the hospital because someone was having a heart attack I was upset about.
That's the rub. They are looking for a reason and that's how they get most people for most crimes. Again, I get it. People who think you should just deal with it aren't affected by it or my guess is they would object too. It's really annoying the 5th time you are stopped for driving at odd hours.

Fix the light and it will be some other excuse. I drive a 2007 4 runner with factory tint, 265's and mud flaps. The last time it was for a flickering headlight. The time before I was speeding (I wasn't) but he let me off with a warning. It's seriously annoying.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I think anytime a LEO is out patrolling, our tax dollars are being put to good use. I highly doubt this officer passed up any "in process" criminal activity to go after you and your light bulb. We should count ourselves lucky that they are not so busy that they don't have time for the silly things.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I think anytime a LEO is out patrolling, our tax dollars are being put to good use. I highly doubt this officer passed up any "in process" criminal activity to go after you and your light bulb. We should count ourselves lucky that they are not so busy that they don't have time for the silly things.
Very valid point. Its a fine line and it's easy to be critical. I'm always happy that I live in one of the safest cities in the safest state in the safest country. We are pretty spoiled.