Got some new shoes

MattL

Wha HOOO.. I got a different set of rubber on the jeep. Looks a bit different now. :)

So there isnt any weights on the tires and there were no noticable problems driving home. Of course the tires were at 20 psi.. how much is that going to make a difference as to say 35?

I didnt really notice much of a loss of take off power from the line. .... . anyway another step forward. Thanks scott for the tires.

MattL

Thanks, Yeah that will be happenin soon but not to much of a priority. just have to get the sawzall blades, construct some supports and chop.

Here is what it looked like when I first got it.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Looks good. Got to like gettin new tires.
The same ones I have. They do ride better at 20 to 24 psi. At 35 psi they just make the ride rough.

MattL

Nope not at all. Basically just bolt on you might have a problem with the gril and the center mounting point on the bottom but it worked out great. Installing the front clip gave me 4 more inches inside to work with the 350 and the hei distrib and fan. so no probs there. :)

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
The CJ front clip looks way cool on that. Is that one of the pre71 short fender setups it is hard to tell from the pictures?

MattL

Wheelable.. well just have to replace the clutch linkage with the hydrolic I bought, fix the exhaust, hook up the arbs and get a new hi steer arm for the knuckle. then should be fine. :) If push came to shove it could really be done in a weekend but time and money.

As far as the fenders I am not sure. The guy I got it off of told me it was from a 76 cj7 so dunno really.

Does anyone have problems breaking wheel studs? I have broken two on the front axle already. Makes me a bit worried.