GPS downloads?

Stone Crawler

I have been looking around for some info concerning Lowrance GPS/Map Create 6 trail down loads for the Moab area and beyond. Is there anyone on this site that is familiar with this type of software and has files or links to files that will enable trail down loads?
Here is an example of what I am looking for.
In desert racing you can down load the course directly into you GPS via the Map create software. This makes input much easier then typing in each way point. Here is a link to this type of file.
http://www.score-international.com/sanFelipe/index.ihtml

I have done this for Baja races and the Parker race. It takes about 10 seconds to down load the entire course as opposed to the 30 minutes it took me to input all the way points for Hells revenge out of Wells book.
I am new to the use of GPS so please forgive my ignorence if I am missing it somewhere. It would be great if I could create routes for all the Moab trails in just a few minutes instead of hours in front of the computer.( I suck at this computer thing)

edit: Click on GPS to see the down loads, when you get to the SCORE site.

Thanks Jeff Knoll

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have never seen a mass of GPS "tracks"... I have a couple in my GPS (PSM, MR, FIM, etc). But I would need to extract them and clean them up for a clean "track". It would be cool if we could get all of the trails logged and available...

Stone Crawler

cruiseroutfit said:
I have never seen a mass of GPS "tracks"... I have a couple in my GPS (PSM, MR, FIM, etc). But I would need to extract them and clean them up for a clean "track". It would be cool if we could get all of the trails logged and available...

My thought exactly.

Caleb

I don't know how well the cross compatibility would be, but most people in our sport use the cheaper Garmins as compared to the Lowrances. In fact I have never heard of anyone using a Lowrance for rockcrawling (I know thats the unit to have in Desert Racing). I am sure there should be some way to import them though, a GPS point is a GPS point no matter what unit it's from :)

This would be a worth while collection to have ;)

Stone Crawler

Supergper said:
I don't know how well the cross compatibility would be, but most people in our sport use the cheaper Garmins as compared to the Lowrances. In fact I have never heard of anyone using a Lowrance for rockcrawling (I know thats the unit to have in Desert Racing). I am sure there should be some way to import them though, a GPS point is a GPS point no matter what unit it's from :)

This would be a worth while collection to have ;)

I think that folks might start using them when they see how easy they are to use. Of course mines a built in but I kind like that. Got it Rock buggy supply. Not much more then a good hand held.

http://www.rockbuggysupply.com/yabbse/index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=713

Caleb

no need to convince me, I use to use the Lowrance's almost exclusively at my previous job (fishing boat captain). The problem is, that unit is $500+ where you can pickup a nice handheld for $200-$300. Garmin has grown to be the standard in our sport (at this point) :D

I have all of the coordinates from Charles Well's Moab book in a file. I just dump them to a cheap Garmin unit. I could dig them out for anyone interested.

Unfortunately they were all created before GPS selective availability was turned off, so they aren't as accurate as they could be. I wish I could find them in a current accurate format.

Stone Crawler

Unimog said:
I have all of the coordinates from Charles Well's Moab book in a file. I just dump them to a cheap Garmin unit. I could dig them out for anyone interested.

Unfortunately they were all created before GPS selective availability was turned off, so they aren't as accurate as they could be. I wish I could find them in a current accurate format.
I'm willing to try and load them to my software if you don't mind digging them out. I was going to start with wells book regardless so I assume they have not been upodated. I have a first eddition so I'm guessing its the same waypoints you have.

You can E-mail them to jeff@advantageplumbinginc.com if you find the time.
Thanks.
Jeff Knoll

ps I played with the free down load of Goggle earth today what a great tool that is. Got to run pritchett from my office in Ca. today. A great way to spend my lunch hour.:D Does the subscription give you a lot more toys to play with?

Stone Crawler

Unimog said:
I finally found these waypoints after digging around at home. Let me know if anyone else wants them

Got them. Thanks, I'll try and down load them when I have some time.

Found these while I was searching the net.

http://www.4x4now.com/33jspc.htm

They worked like a champ. Down load is right below the way points.

7 more days till vacation for me.:greg:

Meat_

Banned
If everyone wants to email whatever waypoints/routes you have to me I'll zip them and host them for people to dl for a bit

Meat_ @rockymountainextreme.com (no space)

Will do. The wpt file is for loading into a freeware app called G7towin. I think it downloads and uploads to all the Garmin gps - works with my cheap eTrex anyway. The excel file is the same data just to look at or export to whatever.

Caleb

you can send them my way as well, If I get semo time I'll try and put together a database of all the waypoints, routes, and trails that we are able to gather.

email