Archived Grampa's Jeep and friends at EJS 2018

smfulle

I thought I would post my videos from this year's EJS here, some of me and some of my flat fender friends. I am still in Moab so I don't have all my stuff edited and uploaded yet, but here's a start and more to come.

Saturday we did a practice run on the Pickle. Wanted to get the lines down for when the big group was watching. Mbryson li ke.d this in another thread but i,l put it here so my EJS stuff all together.

smfulle

Sunday j went to church then caught up to the guys on Hell's Revenge. I might post some on board go pro footage of that, but if will have to wait until I get home. After Hell's we stopped by Potato Salad Hill to watch the show for a minute. Jeff in Bam Bam ran right up it.

smfulle

On Saturday all my trail partners left so I picked a relatively safe trail to hit by myself and ran over to Gemini Bridges. I liked it so much that I went around and came up Bull Canyon to get a look from the bottom. Not really an action video, more touristy with some narration. My first attempt at using the wevideo app on my android tablet.

Last edited:

smfulle

We took our flatties over to Pritchett Canyon to see what we could do. We got through The Brickyard and watched a line of rigs go up Chewy. A couple of our group got up Chewy just fine but we decided that, at least this day with so many people waiting and watching, we wouldn’t chance it. In the meantime I wandered back to the Brickyard and played around while my trail partner Jeff, coached, filmed and laughed as I bashed my rig against the rocks and ledges.
One of my favorite parts of the week.

Here’s Brian Even’s video of the whole group, including his flattie, Blueberry, going up Chewy and some footage of his 11 year old son getting it done in The Brickyard.

smfulle

On the first Saturday of EJS three of our group of flat fenders did a practice run on the Pickle. You can see some of that in the first video of this thread. Later that day we went over to Wipeout Hill.

This was the site of the first Friday Flat Fender Fun Run that I participated In two years ago. I was just new to rock crawling in my flattie then and I was nervous about the climb but once I got up it I wanted to go back down and try the left side that everyone said was tougher. There were too many jeeps waiting that day so I didn’t get the chance.

This time the three of us wheeled that hill just about every way it can be done and then a group showed up that had seen us earlier in the day on the Pickle so we kept the show going for a little longer.

Here’s 16 minutes if 3 friends from different places that were brought together by their love of these little machines having a blast on Wipeout Hill.

Edited to put the correct video in. Whoops!

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Do you have a thread or list somewhere with the specs of your flattie? Is it just completely stock or has something been swapped or upgraded?

smfulle