Grandmas Skylark project

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
We bought a front/rear bumper from the owner of the Stage 1 above. Super cool guy. Took us for a spin in his car. That’s 20 year old paint on that beast

We decided to visit a couple of safety inspectors after getting home. This thing really runs. Wants to hook pretty hard from a dead stop. DO NOT lean on it when turned. It will get away from you. Skeert myself pretty good heading south on Hwy 89 after turning the corner and hit about mid throttle.

I’ll need to break out some water to do a proper burn

Last edited:

lhracing

We bought a front/rear bumper from the owner of the Stage 1 above. Super cool guy. Took us for a spin in his car. That’s 20 year old paint on that beast

We decided to visit a couple of safety inspectors after getting home. This thing really runs. Wants to hook pretty hard from a dead stop. DO NOT lean on it when turned. It will get away from you. Skeert myself pretty good heading south on Hwy 89 after turning the corner and hit about mid throttle.

I’ll need to break out some water to do a proper burn

Sounds good...

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I agree with the Weld Draglite, but have seen some Center Line Wheels that look similar. Center line would have a stamp with "Center Line" on the wheel somewhere

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Cool project! Enjoy the build, can't wait to see the continued progress!

It's kind of fun pulling a 50 year old car part and not having to really wail on bolts and such. I'm learning why people like "desert" cars. It's really nice to work on (minus the insect nests---found a mud dauber nest just above the license plate) due to the lack of corrosion

UT410

RME's Holistic Healer
Supporting Member
It's kind of fun pulling a 50 year old car part and not having to really wail on bolts and such. I'm learning why people like "desert" cars. It's really nice to work on (minus the insect nests---found a mud dauber nest just above the license plate) due to the lack of corrosion

Yes! These old, dry climate cars are pretty nice to pull apart. My 30 A frame came out of Colorado and nuts and bolts pulled off so nice compared to the 80s and 90s cars I played with back east (that weren't all that old, back then).