Grandmas Skylark project

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

mbryson

Supporting Member
Does the paint all need to come off?

Just the bezels. I think I’m going to table those and use the ones off my parts car? That might work out much betterer. Re: the rest of the car, not mostly. There are some areas that won’t feather out that are just getting blocked out as I can feather them. Most of the red has been good. The white doesn’t stick well in most places so it’s mostly coming off. If I keep blocking it off, primer should lay down pretty well as I’m using the two golds and some of the red/maroon as “fill”

4F370472-04D0-414A-8033-8FA60BD88CFF.jpeg

Good harvesting day so far. Lots of the junk I know I need is here now. @ebryson trailer is pretty handy.

Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Love it!!!! I've always like the 64-67 cars. WAY under rated style in my opinion. 68-69 cars are termed "stepchildren". I had a '68 (they yellow one is a '69-- at least it has '69 fenders) that I swapped a few big blocks into. The gold one is a '72 (could be a '71). Mine is a '72.

Buicks are usually fun "cruisers". Usually decent power/torque and reasonably comfortable for their era. Sometimes Buick builds a real muscle car and they are no joke when they do. '70 GS Stage 1 is a top 10 fast muscle car that is in the Hemi xyz car, LS6 Chevelle, CobraJet xyz range. Buick GN are way sleeper type cars besting Corvette of same year in the 1/4 mile. Some of the late model stuff, even though it's front drive and NO ONE is paying attention to Buick cars these days are supposedly fast.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Got everything off the parts car except the inner fender wells that I needed. Parts car is in Hooper now at a Buick friends house. I’ll go grab those as he has time for me to.

Car saw the light of day yesterday as I needed access to my welder which was behind the car. (Really wishing I had a foot wider garage now in the back area)

EA5C1155-217F-405E-AC19-FE4FDD380D39.jpeg36B08BF1-9549-4360-BFE4-F0FE2EDBB066.jpeg

Still a LONG way to go before first primer. I should have evenings in the latter part of next week to get some more progress made.

BDC75CE1-AC69-473A-A085-33EEFA8DC0C6.jpeg

Not sure how that happened

Last edited: