Grandmas Skylark project

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That's what I've been reading.

View attachment 148644

Closest thing I can find . Not stamped but cast into the throat

Looks like its 4150 carb, item #9381, 830 cfm double pumper. There's a list of parts in this link.

Screenshot_20220424-074431_Chrome.jpg

xjtony

Those should be the part numbers for the blocks themselves. You should be able to look up the blocks on Holley's website. I'm not sure all the differences but there are some between blocks. You should be able to see if those are the blocks that came with the carb or if they've been swapped out.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
What are the number that are stamped on the metering blocks?

I'll check the leaking side. Thanks for helping the Holley uninformed

Those should be the part numbers for the blocks themselves. You should be able to look up the blocks on Holley's website. I'm not sure all the differences but there are some between blocks. You should be able to see if those are the blocks that came with the carb or if they've been swapped out.

I'll see what I can find out.

xjtony

yeah there are differences on the metering blocks like plates vs jets on the secondary side, power valve or no power valve and idle adjustment screws or not. I don't know if the plates are sized for the CFM of the carbs though. I'll grab the numbers from my Truck Avenger to see if that helps decipher it.

JeeperG

mbryson

Supporting Member
Pretty sure that is not the color your wife wanted? ;)

My brother told me the other day that what I spent on everything to paint my truck is what they spent on just the orange paint from Charlie Hutton for that wagon.

She'll never like the car even if it is purple. She'll get over it, or not. My guess is not and I'll be doing the car thing by myself like I do the Jeep thing by myself? (she'd probably come on a few poker runs or similar? AC is a need)

xjtony

She'll never like the car even if it is purple. She'll get over it, or not. My guess is not and I'll be doing the car thing by myself like I do the Jeep thing by myself? (she'd probably come on a few poker runs or similar? AC is a need)
Sounds familiar. My wife wont even ride in my Power Wagon and basically has a panic attack at every bump off-road lol. The PW is only really slightly sketchy...

mbryson

Supporting Member

I had the first chance to work on it in a couple weeks last night. Have a couple very minor imperfections that will need some putty. (Hope to get those on tonight?)

Lots of sanding still. Pretty boring but necessary stuff. Hope to get last primer on it sometime in the next few days. (whenever the wind is right since I'm priming at home and hope to not sand out a bunch of bugs and/or other debris)

Working on securing a paint booth.

Spent an bunch of $ on base and clear (color committed now)