Gratitude Stepping Up

ID Bronco

This has been on my mind for a few weeks. Backstory, I'm closing one part of my business. No sob stories, just a reality and it's working out fine. But it's stressful and emotional and just a lot of hard work. That being said, I have a lot of work to do in a shortish amount of time so I don't have to keep paying rent on a warehouse. (Thus selling a bunch of stuff)

I have a big order that has to go out before I close up for good. This was a blessing to help with cash flow and such. So I'm grateful for that! But I also don't want to pay a bunch of labor costs to get it done so I am grateful for my family for pitching in to help me get it done. We aren't done yet, and it will be a lot of late nights coming up, but they are making it way easier on me than if would be if I was doing it all myself.

We haven't had to pull together like this in a long time (thankfully) but it has been awesome to see us all in on the same goal, working hard and being united. The kids aren't super excited about it but they understand the necessity of it.

So I guess I'm saying I'm grateful that I have them to help, that we have each other's back (even Dad's who never wants to admit he needs help) and that we are bonding and learning together from it.

20201120_181849.jpgIMG_5170.jpg

And some progress being made....

20201121_183529.jpg

Now, back to work. Haha

What are you grateful for?

#givethanks

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'm grateful that the hospital didn't freak out and bump my surgery to next year. I'm not amazingly glad to have just had surgery on my shoulder right now, but the doc says he found what he expected to find and it got fixed the way he expected to fix it and so I'm grateful for that too. I'll be even more grateful in March or April when I can get back to normal and not have a bum shoulder.

And I'm super grateful to my wife for putting up with my cranky ass right now. She's the best.

zgfiredude

Old Fart in Training...
Good thread!

I'm grateful to still be here and struggling through 2020. It's been one for the ages for everyone. I'm grateful to still be employed, to have a roof over my head, for a healthy family that also are all employed and happy. I'm glad that we got my daughter married (between covid cancellations and wildfire cancellations it wasn't easy) and lastly I'm grateful and happy to have found this cool Jeep that I bought and am having a blast owning!

And.......thanks to you all for having me.

ID Bronco

Now I'm curious what you do @ID Bronco

We built vending machines of many types. pinball, candy machines, healthy vending machines. Sold off one line, closing another. I sold them as a business opportunity so in large quantities at a time with locations and such. Covid was hard on us. You would likely recognize many of them there in Utah.

I am also a Franchise Broker - so if a person wants to get into a franchise and doesn't know what they want, or how to do it, I am your man. I help navigate, recommend and facilitate the investigation and purchase of the franchise chosen.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
#givethanks

I will not be able to do this subject the justice it deserves or truly convey how I feel. I’ve got a turkey to put together following a custom from pilgrims that landed in Mass a few hundred years ago. Those pilgrims and many others like them spawned a grand experiment in government that is not a monarchy or pure democracy but something that an actual individual has god given, unalienable rights.

<<<<<<<
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
>>>>>>>

These words ring true to me. I feel the truth deep in my heart. We are all unique and wonderful beings whatever our race, gender, creed, etc. We all have value and should be able pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as long as we respect others rights to do the same. We can give latitude to those around us while we still choose to do things the way we perceive to be right.

The men and their families that signed this Declaration of Independence gave MUCH to all of us in this great land. Some lost everything they had including their families. Some gave their lives and their families lives.

1606412971401.png
Around 2000-2001 I had the opportunity to travel a bit for work. I had assignments around Washington DC. I was able to take the time to see a lot of the monuments and Arlington Cemetery in our nation’s capital.

While walking through Arlington Cemetery I was a bit taken back that things weren’t organized by date or conflict. As I walked from the Kennedy Flame to the Tomb of the Unknown I reflected that anyone in that cemetery didn’t need to be “organized “ in where they were laid to rest. Almost everyone in there has given great sacrifice, some the ultimate sacrifice for us, citizens of this great nation to have life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

As we move forward from this pandemic and bitter election, I hope we can keep in mind those that have come before us and the sacrifices and ideals that drove them to make those sacrifices and continue to better our way of life. I hope and pray that our country remains unique in the world. One where everyone has opportunity and through hard work, opportunities will be rewarded.

I thank those, especially on this day, that have given to all of us. Those that helped create this country in the Revolutionary war for independence from England. Those that held ground in the war of 1812. The bitter Civil War that pitted state vs state, brother against brother, ideal vs ideal. I believe WWI and WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc were mostly fought to spread the American way of life and grant the American democratic republic ideals to those oppressed. I have members of my family that fought and gave in many of these conflicts. I hope my life honors their sacrifices in some small way.

Our country has had great sacrifice, some by soldiers, a lot by their families, some excellent statesmen/women and some that had their flaws. None of these people were perfect. Dogged determination seems to be the character of an “American “. We have that bred into us. I abhore corruption in our current government. The Constitution has given US as citizens a way to fix that. We the people can take our government back and root out corruption. We should and we must.

1606413242441.png
1606413005374.png

1606413218114.png

1606413025305.png
1606413202775.png
1606413162786.png