Gravy's Prerunner build

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
If you want to lay down some glass clear coat borrow this spray gun from me. Best way to guarantee smooth clear is a good gun imo.
http://www.tcpglobal.com/DEV-GFG-670_2.html?sc=120&category=2664971

Thanks! Normally I'd be all over it.
I'm not after the world's best finish on this panel because it wouldn't match the rest of the truck lol. I really think I just fouled up -thinking if I pointed the heater towards the panel it would cure faster. I thought it was far enough away... Evidently not.

You can see first hand how bad it looks if you come to the dunes, I don't have time to redo it before tomorrow.

I've got to run to Six States and see if a they have a stock or aftermarket cross shaft that will work or I've got to reassemble it with the worn one for this trip tomorrow.
You find that thing locally? What rear leafs?

It came out of AZ- at least that's the last two registered owners. It's super dry- no rust on it.

I'm not entirely sure which leaves, but I suspect they're 63" Chevys because the hangers have been relocated forward and back.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Alright this is odd. The desk at Six States said "run it, I wouldn't even replace the cross shaft." What are your thoughts? They said the the spiders aren't even that tight of clearance on a new shaft.

IMG_20180223_115724.jpg

Last edited:

neagtea

Supporting Member
Thanks! Normally I'd be all over it.
I'm not after the world's best finish on this panel because it wouldn't match the rest of the truck lol. I really think I just fouled up -thinking if I pointed the heater towards the panel it would cure faster. I thought it was far enough away... Evidently not.

You can see first hand how bad it looks if you come to the dunes, I don't have time to redo it before tomorrow.

I've got to run to Six States and see if a they have a stock or aftermarket cross shaft that will work or I've got to reassemble it with the worn one for this trip tomorrow.

It came out of AZ- at least that's the last two registered owners. It's super dry- no rust on it.

I'm not entirely sure which leaves, but I suspect they're 63" Chevys because the hangers have been relocated forward and back.

Max, up at kaysville Big-O has a similar one

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Thanks guys. If you notice, I have a new cross shaft in the picture. :cool:

It's all together. I ran out of time to weld in my limit straps tonight. I've still got to feed and put my kids to bed and hook up my trailer and load the beast for tomorrow.

Max, up at kaysville Big-O has a similar one
Oh cool! Is it the Max that used to work at the Big-O on South Temple?

neagtea

Supporting Member
No he is the owner brother of Garth at centerville tire factory
If I remember it is also an A arm truck I haven't looked at it really close though

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Greg got me thinking.
My Kings were pretty sad looking so I used a strategy that works well for me on aluminum dirtbike motors.
psx_20180613_225510-jpg.114157

img_20180613_204815-jpg.114158

Eagle One Etching Mag Wheel Cleaner.
Spray it on. Scrub with a scotchbrite pad. Wash off with water. After 3 times the shocks looks much better!
img_20180613_204834-jpg.114156

I also did the aluminum driveshaft and front Bilsteins too. Got to shine her up for the Coats for Kids car show this weekend in Bountiful. It's my first car show so I don't really know what to expect.

Last edited:

Coco

Make sure you put that sweet ol 31 spline factory air locker rear axle in there! You never know when you will need that full lockup! :D

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
What's your thoughts on those headlights now that you've had them for a bit?

They work great, a lot brighter than stock and great sharp cutoff. Lower amperage draw too. They are not as bright as HIDs but they don't have the problems with pattern and ballasts (slow on and vibration sensitive) that HIDs do also.

Make sure you put that sweet ol 31 spline factory air locker rear axle in there! You never know when you will need that full lockup! :D

Wrong bolt pattern or it would happened. o_O