Gear / Accessories great new obd tool.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
http://jscan.net/

I found this app that does a great job of accessing your JK systems. The app is free but you need to buy a VIN license. they have 3 levels 1vin, 3vin and I can't remember the next level. The single vin is $20 and the 3 vin is $43.

I was just playing with this and found you can change the tire size to get a more accurate speed/odometer reading, and you can change the TPMS or even turn it off. It allows you to enable the back up camera option in the radio and other kewl things. You can even raise the idle speed for winching!

It also does the other stuff that obd tools do like reading DTC codes and clearing them. You can read live data from many systems on your JK.
I have just begun to play with this and will report back later of any glitches and stuff with it. I saw a video someone did that says that if you start doing something with the app then say pause it to read a text or take a call that you need to get out of the app and come back in fresh.

So tell me if anyone else has this app and what you think of it.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I put 315x70x17 tires on and was able to change the tire height perfectly so the speed odometer works accurately. I also turned the TPMS off and enabled the back up camera. Now just need to put a camera on the radio! lol everything looks great so far! more later....

Reactions: DAA