greetings from the land of the rising sun

Daniel

Hi guys just registered with your boards today.
I am an American living in Japan for just about 20 years now,
I originally came here in the Navy and liked the surroundings and culture so much that in 1991 I decided to stay when my enlistment was up,I now work for the Navy in a civilian capacity,I can speak the language and am in the process of learning to read as well.
I currently own a 1988 toyota 4 runner 3"in lift with 32's and a custom built cat back stainless pipe(pix to follow later):cool: I enjoy the outdoors mostly camping and fishing and the drive to get to it.
I found rme through a post on wild yoats v/b and looked around and liked the atmosphere you guys projected.
Daniel

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Welcome to RME Daniel. I hang around the Wildyoats site from time to time as well.

Hmmmm, Japan. Don't get to Moab much then, eh?

Daniel

Vonski,yeah I've seen a few posts by you over at yoats. no moab but we do have a nice river bed not far from the base runs about 10~15 miles out to the beach (pacific coast line) that can prove to be challenging after a typhoon.
Then theres always the Japanese alps Mt.Fuji and such which regretfully my pocket book won't allow that Ya know things get broke quick up there and the economy is like living in an airport $$$$$:D

Daniel

Vonski sushi aint the only thing bro:D
Hickey these guys get off with the Suzis I've seen em do some wild things with 'em out at the river maybe to help with the image of the river bed it starts just under a man made dam and the bed basically starts real rough large rocks and treesthen transitions gradually smaller rocks to a sandy bank type the closer ya get to the ocean.
as far as crawler championships I haven't heard of any.
I have been to a coupla Jeep jamborees some Japanese friends have Cj's and the Mitsi version of the MB type jeep there kinda cool but those are the guys with the corn to break stuff and laugh it off ;)

britney

Queen of Chit!!
A member in Japan, This is awesome!!
Welcome to RME. I hope we can give you a good taste of the U.S.A. when you need one.
How often do you get to visit the States?

Daniel

Last time I was state side was about 3 years ago.
Wisconsin is home in the states but I have family all over Cali Colo Iowa and Arizona thats the ones I know of and they constantly get on me about coming back but I just don't feel like it yet maybe when I grow up:D

Moon

Originally posted by Daniel
M.S.J. were you in the military out here or civ where were ya at??p.m. from here is okay or direct e-mail either or
Daniel

No on a mission. I was in Handa city, Tsu, Nonoich and Uozu. It was the Nagoya mission. and most of the citys were fairly small, 100 to 200 thousand people :rofl: but allways close to cool places Ise, Kanazawa and Nagoya and we would go there once in a while. Seen some awsome places I can't belive how many awsome places there are to go even if you only have a bike to get around on.

If you want ot just talk on email that cool just let me know.

Mtnman754@aol.com