Gun case / safe options?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My son will soon be taking over the spare bedroom that I keep our guns in. I currently keep most the guns in a locked cheap gun safe inside the closet, with a few pistols on the shelves, and a locked closet door. Our guns do not all fit in the safe (it’s a tiny, cheap safe). I am thinking about buying/building a gun display cabinet. What do you guys use for a display case? Is it a bad idea due to easy theft? I don’t really have anything expensive.. but each is still deadly if stolen. Obviously it would be locked.. but glass can always be broken.
Right now I keep rounds in all the guns.. if they were in a case, I would keep all the ammo in a separate room (so a bad guy couldn’t get a gun and ammo to use against me in my own house)
Thoughts??

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
My thoughts are this: no one has ever wished their guns were in a less secure safe. The instructor at the recent scout camp I took my young men to for the rifle shooting merit badge gave this piece of advice: if you can't afford to keep your guns secure you can't afford guns.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Thanks guys. After a lot of google looking and thinking.. I decided I am going to build my own metal gun locker. It will be very secure, match the rest of the updates that will be built into our house, and also sorta display the guns (enough for me to stare at while I work in my office). However, I have like 7 large projects in front of it.. So it may be a while.