Gun Control

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
If you even remotely think there is a possibility of sleepy Joe winning the election, and you ever wanted to own an assault rifle or a magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds you best go purchase them before they are sold out.

$200 annual tax for each one. Right now i'm on the hook for over 10k annually in taxes unless I want to sell my stuff to the government.

Some more highlights

Hold gun manufacturers accountable. In 2005, then-Senator Biden voted against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, but gun manufacturers successfully lobbied Congress to secure its passage. This law protects these manufacturers from being held civilly liable for their products – a protection granted to no other industry. Biden will prioritize repealing this protection.

Get weapons of war off our streets. The bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines that Biden, along with Senator Feinstein, secured in 1994 reduced the lethality of mass shootings. But, in order to secure the passage of the bans, they had to agree to a 10-year sunset provision and when the time came, the Bush Administration failed to extend them. As president, Biden will:

• Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. It’s wrong. Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that don’t limit the weapon’s lethality. While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.
  • Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.
  • Reduce stockpiling of weapons. In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.
End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.

Put America on the path to ensuring that 100% of firearms sold in America are smart guns. Today, we have the technology to allow only authorized users to fire a gun. For example, existing smart gun technology requires a fingerprint match before use. Biden believes we should work to eventually require that 100% of firearms sold in the U.S. are smart guns. But, right now the NRA and gun manufacturers are bullying firearms dealers who try to sell these guns. Biden will stand up against these bullying tactics and issue a call to action for gun manufacturers, dealers, and other public and private entities to take steps to accelerate our transition to smart guns.

Require gun owners to safely store their weapons. Biden will pass legislation requiring firearm owners to store weapons safely in their homes.

All straight from his own website, not even propaganda from fox news

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I think he's going for gun salesman of the year. I struggle getting my head around him winning if he won't leave his basement though.

It's been a weird year we're 49 days until election and I'm barely seeing any campaign signs anywhere. I think I see more Burgess Owens signs than anything else.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I disagree with most of what was listed above. I'm interested in the "smart gun" idea. I haven't heard of that before. So we can program a fingerprint into a gun so that only that person can fire the gun? Is this a bad thing? I guess I can think of a few situation where you may not want that, but that may be worth it to stop all the unauthorized and accidental use. That may be a good compromise.

DesertRam

I disagree with virtually everything the Democrats say about gun control, and most of what Republicans say.

Smart guns? Sounds good on the surface, but I don't go for it. Simply from a logistical point of view the smart gun idea falls on its face. Got butter or grease or blood on your finger and it can't "read" you? You're out. Want to loan your firearm to a buddy? Nope. Want to train a new shooter? Nope. Need your wife to take up the fight after you have been disabled? Nope. Operationally, why take a tool that has an excellent track record of performance and saddle it with unnecessary electronics.

We need to stop falling for the liberals' argument that gun violence is the fault of the gun. It's a societal issue, not a hardware issue. Put a bunch of these gun-using criminals in prison or on the gallows and we'll get a handle on the "gun violence" issue in short order.

Last edited:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I go into work, got to use a finger print scanner to get into the data center, scan my badge, put my finger on the scanner and hold it there for 5 seconds, remove finger, rub behind my ear to get a little oil on the finger, rescan badge, put finger back on scanner, and after 5 seconds it finally opens. That's a scanner attached to AC power. Doesn't inspire confidence in something powered by a button battery that is supposed to verify my ID before it works.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
👆this. Tech is nice in theory but I'm not betting my life on it in a dynamic situation like a gun fight. Plus the gov might demand the list and turn off all the (insert political party here) 's guns.
The gun control issue is a joke. It's like covid. When you look at the number of accidental shooting, especially of kids the number is so low its astounding. More kids die of bee stings than accidental shootings. It's like every other democratic policy, it's driven by emotion.

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I go into work, got to use a finger print scanner to get into the data center, scan my badge, put my finger on the scanner and hold it there for 5 seconds, remove finger, rub behind my ear to get a little oil on the finger, rescan badge, put finger back on scanner, and after 5 seconds it finally opens. That's a scanner attached to AC power. Doesn't inspire confidence in something powered by a button battery that is supposed to verify my ID before it works.
I hate those scanners.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I'd like some compromises also...
I'd like guns to be quieter so my hearing isn't damaged
I'd like a shorter barrel and a stock at the same time so it's easier to use
I'd like to just buy a gun online and have it shipped to the same address as my voter registration goes to if we trust the post office for voting why not?