Gun Safe ?

Toad

I have been looking online for gun safes. I see a fair amount of safes with electronic touch pads. What happens when these switches go bad? Or the battery dies in the switch?

Bucking Bronco

I have one and when the battery dies the front panel comes off and I replace the batteries. Mine will lose any programmed codes and goes back to the default. So make sure you have the default code written down somewhere not in the safe.

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Screw the keypad!

Get a safe with an S&G Group II 3 wheel combination lock. Practically maintenance free.

Remember, safes are built by standards instilled by the insurance industry. So if you buy a brand 'a' safe, or a brand 'z' safe, if they both have the same rating, they will be constructed the same. The difference will be in the name, finish, size configuration, and price.

HTH

oldschoolyj

I have a liberty gun safe that the electronic key pad was screwed up on. They sent a lock smith who drilled 6 holes through the front of the safe and 8 hours later still was not in. They sent another lock smith who drilled 4 more holes and had the door opened in 4 hours. The new style locks were bad, he put in an older style. They fill the holes with s.s. balls that they glue in. I bet I could be in it now in 10 minutes, with all the holes drilled behind the key pad. I tried to get them to replace the door. Not part of the warrenty from the key pad people. I would only buy the combo style. The electronic ones do malfunction and it happens more than what they tell you.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Mine is a Stack-On I got from Cal Ranch. It has the electric keypad and a key. If the key pad batteries die (which they have but it gives you a warning with a red light and I have never been locked out of it) then the key pad can be removed (kind of a pain in the ass) and it has a key that will open it.

Toad

I have a liberty gun safe that the electronic key pad was screwed up on. They sent a lock smith who drilled 6 holes through the front of the safe and 8 hours later still was not in. They sent another lock smith who drilled 4 more holes and had the door opened in 4 hours. The new style locks were bad, he put in an older style. They fill the holes with s.s. balls that they glue in. I bet I could be in it now in 10 minutes, with all the holes drilled behind the key pad. I tried to get them to replace the door. Not part of the warrenty from the key pad people. I would only buy the combo style. The electronic ones do malfunction and it happens more than what they tell you.

Thats what I am afraid of. Ill find one with a Combo.