Handgun/IDPA competition

kyojin

There is an IDPA style match coming up on November 28th at the "Farm". Sign in is at 8:00am. New shooter meeting at 8:30am. Match time is 9:00am. Minimum round count is 150 but I would plan on at least 250. If shooting an automatic 3 magazines are recommended with magazine holder. Strong hand only holsters. $10 for new shooters. There are usually 9 or 10 stages.

The "Farm" is close to 5 mile pass. Shooters are some of the nicest people you'll meet. If you've never shot a competition before it's an absolute blast. It's a great way to test your speed and accuracy skills as well as seeing how you would do under pressure.

http://www.udpl.net/results/Divisions-Non-IDPA-Handgun.htm

The Utah Defensive Pistol League(UDPL) webpage is www.udpl.net

Last edited:

kyojin

It is a ton of fun. The last competition we had about 80 shooters. The matches are usually done around 3-4pm. You should come out and shoot.

kyojin

That's great! I'll have 3 new shooters with me. We can group up in the same squad. I'll be there around 8am. I'll be in my black Grand Cherokee. Name is Josh.

kyojin

Not sure if it is owned by Scott Swofford or not. It is the Global One Training Facility.

Directions to The Range -

The Range is located on private land just south of Fairfield, Utah.

From I-15, take the main Lehi exit (Exit # 279).

Travel west on Highway/State Road 73.

Continue through downtown Lehi, past the Eagle Mountain development, and on through Cedar Fort to Fairfield.

Just outside of Fairfield, State Road 73 makes a broad right hand curve (from south to west).

Turn left (south) off of SR-73, onto a side road ("Allen's Ranch"), in the middle of this curve. The turn-off is marked by a black and white "Global One Training Facility" sign.

As you continue south past a log house and the Camp Floyd Cemetery on your right, the road changes from pavement to gravel.

Continue on this gravel road for approximately 2.3 miles to a prominent dirt/gravel road on the right. A metal gate with a small "Global One Training Facility" sign will mark the road.

From this point looking west, you should be able to see some large berms and buildings at the base of the hills. The Range is located 1.6 miles up this road.

Please park in the lower parking lot.

kyojin

I'm glad you guys made it! Too bad we didn't meet up. What squad did you end up in? It was a very fun shoot. The results should be posted on www.udpl.net within a few days. I had an off day but shot some of the stages ok. That 70 yard shot was a lot of fun.

Grim

ya , as soon as we showed up, everyone was glad to point us in the right direction. we were with squad #2. yes, the 70 yard shoot was fun ( i hit 3 out of 10 rounds). we will be back for more in the spring (when it warms up a little). it definatly puts shooting a hand gun in a whole new perspective. everyone that has a CCW should shoot an IDPA shoot. lots of fun!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
ya , as soon as we showed up, everyone was glad to point us in the right direction. we were with squad #2. yes, the 70 yard shoot was fun ( i hit 3 out of 10 rounds). we will be back for more in the spring (when it warms up a little). it definatly puts shooting a hand gun in a whole new perspective. everyone that has a CCW should shoot an IDPA shoot. lots of fun!

How big was the 70 Yd target? On Sat. I learnt I could NOT hit a clay pigeon at 80 yards with a 9mm with any consistency. I scared the he!! out of it, though. Golf balls are SUPER FUN to shoot as well. They're extremely tough to hit as well. Even from 10 yards.