Attachments

• DSCN3985 - Copy (Medium).JPG
    DSCN3985 - Copy (Medium).JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 214

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Whoa! What happened to cause this?

LT.

The cause is up for debate, but loose lug nuts makes sense. It was a fun day regardless. I got to run the bottom half of Hanging tree four times, fetching parts.:D

sixstringsteve

will you be doing a trip report? I'd love to hear the whole story with pictures and everything. How was the flow of water down the last waterfall (meaning, was there a lot of water, or about normal)?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
We only made it halfway up, as far as I can tell. Proskier101 and I left the parking area about 9:30. A 2-seat inline buggy from Price and a Commando from Moroni caught up with us right at the bottom of the trail. We let them pass and the start of the trail was mostly uneventful.

proskier101 quickly broke a taillight, which turned out to be an omen of things to come. He got wedged into a nasty spot that peeled off his drip rail, made a nasty gash in his tailgate, and broke his other taillight shortly after. I went around to give him a strap, which put me in front.

I climbed to a spot which was blocked (appropriately) by a hanging tree, which I promptly picked up and moved five feet down the trail with my exo-halo-cage-thing. proskier101 came up the same spot, we heard some crunching noises and noticed that there were only two studs left on the driver rear tire. We knew the two that passed us earlier would be coming back down the trail so we tried to move it out of the way, quickly shearing the other two studs (which were on their way anyway). We got it pulled out of the way by sliding the axle on a log.

We all piled in my Jeep and we headed back to the tow rigs to retrieve a spare axle that had a full complement of studs. One the way back up to the Jeep I stopped to put two plugs into the sidewall of one of the tires on the Price buggy. Memorial day weekend I used all my remaining plugs in three different tires (none of them mine), but luckily I bought a new plug kit last night and threw it in the Jeep. We were able to bring the axle back up and beat the studs out of it, and put them back into the axle already on the Jeep. By that time it was 4:30, and he now had 5 out of 6 lug nuts on all four tires, and I had a neighbor kid with me that I needed to get home, so we headed out. The trip out was uneventful. It was a fun day, but I would like to go back and see the top half of the trail at some point.

Attachments

• DSCN3969 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN3969 (Medium).jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN3973 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN3973 (Medium).jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN3951 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN3951 (Medium).jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN3977 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN3977 (Medium).jpg
    137 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN3950 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN3950 (Medium).jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN3958 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN3958 (Medium).jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN3981 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN3981 (Medium).jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN3962 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN3962 (Medium).jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 242

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
More pics. This was the first time neighbor-kid has held a lizard! It freaked him out at first, until my boy showed him how it's done.

Attachments

• DSCN3987 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN3987 (Medium).JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN3992 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN3992 (Medium).jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN3998 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN3998 (Medium).JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN3986 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN3986 (Medium).JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN4004 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN4004 (Medium).jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCN3990 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN3990 (Medium).jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN3996 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN3996 (Medium).JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 48

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
will you be doing a trip report? I'd love to hear the whole story with pictures and everything. How was the flow of water down the last waterfall (meaning, was there a lot of water, or about normal)?

I've never been there before. It didn't seem like much water to me, but the Moroni/Price guys seemed to think it was a lot.

Cascadia

Undecided
I'll set it up once my rig is back together. It'll be a saturday morning. I'm thinking mid to late July.

Just don't go the 21st. I'll be out of town that whole week before. The 28th sounds better. ;)

If everything works out, I hope to have a certain very capable rig by then. I went and drove one last night.

Cascadia

Undecided
Haha. That is a good question. I don't want to get my hopes up yet. Still working on convincing the wife. I will say it is an rme for sale rig.

List of damage for me:
1) 2 broken tail lights
2) tail gate smashed
3) my flimsy B-pillar got some nice dents in it
4)track bar bolt was either already sheared and just hanging on by one tab. you can see it was wearing down by the head. Im going to say it has been broke for some time
255482_10101094325449871_2066905365_n.jpg
5) control arm tabs on the front Long arms are smashed. Its gonna take my BFH to get them straight so I can rebuild the johnny joints.
6) the exhaust rusted out and fell off on my dodge truck at some point, probably on the gravel road down there. I was trying to figure out why my truck sounded throatier, when I got home I saw that the tail pipe rusted off at the muffler and broke.