Trip Report Hanging tree trail 6/13/2020

Gawynz

Such a good time running this trail, it's a very cool canyon and we had a good crew. Thanks again to @YROC FAB. and @YJ_Auzzy for leading the way, good meeting you guys.

20200613_103400.jpg

20200613_104641.jpg

20200613_110426.jpg

20200613_130808.jpg

20200613_133310.jpg

20200613_134137.jpg

I definitely want to run this again. Last trip out on Pritchett I broke an axle shaft and didn't get to finish the trail (and neither did the other rigs with me), so I was a little shell shocked on this run; there were a couple obstacles I tried, but not too aggressively and then bypassed as I really wanted to make it to the end. Next time around I'd like to put a little more effort into a few obstacles. This trail also really highlighted how underwhelming my steering is haha, already working on planning to swap out steering rams, orbitals, etc. to get more throw.

Unfortunately I didn't get a video of @YROC FAB. walking up the final waterfall, but I got @Herzog and @YJ_Auzzy.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Here's my photo dump!

KKDD.jpg

KGgC.jpg

Kcou.jpg

KpLX.jpg

K71e.jpg

KLj7.jpg

KmKn.jpg

KuMq.jpg

Kb2K.jpg

Kd6Z.jpg

KggM.jpg

KhRz.jpg

Ks58.jpg

K9Lr.jpg

KJFH.jpg

KijS.jpg

KkKb.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Looks like a great group of well built rigs on Hanging Tree! So did you guys go back down the trail then? Looks like a fun way to run it.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Looks like a great group of well built rigs on Hanging Tree! So did you guys go back down the trail then? Looks like a fun way to run it.

It was a well built group. No mechanical problems all day. Just wheeling and trying different lines. Yes we went back down it as we made great time. we stopped at all 3 of the waterfalls and got out and watched each other go up them.

RockChucker

I have on good authority that this is the sketchiest part of the whole trail if you get caught on it in the rain. The dirt turns into super greasy mud. Don’t stop here haha

looks like a fun trip. Haven’t done that trail for a few years. I like turning around at the top too. It’s honestly not much different time wise to go back down vs snake across all the various roads to get out the top. I say that coming from a not very mildly built rig stand point though.

xjtony

I have on good authority that this is the sketchiest part of the whole trail if you get caught on it in the rain. The dirt turns into super greasy mud. Don’t stop here haha

looks like a fun trip. Haven’t done that trail for a few years. I like turning around at the top too. It’s honestly not much different time wise to go back down vs snake across all the various roads to get out the top. I say that coming from a not very mildly built rig stand point though.
The first time I ran the trail it was a wet year and this was easily the most nerve wracking part. Very wet and soft with not much room

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I couldn't believe how fast we came back

I bet! Both times I drove past this part I wondered about that because it does look like it's been washed out quite a bit and would be super sketch going through during or after a storm. Good to know!

RockChucker

I couldn't believe how fast we came back

I bet! Both times I drove past this part I wondered about that because it does look like it's been washed out quite a bit and would be super sketch going through during or after a storm. Good to know!

Going down hanging tree is kinda like going down Pritchett. Seems way faster than going up haha

Oh I'm still here. In Mt. P for now, coming back to the canyon in a few weeks.
Looks like you guys didn't do the round trip. How come? Just up and back down? Been a while since I was up there last, no idea what the roads are like....