Hanging Tree Trail-Another update

I was at the trailhead for the Hanging Tree Trail a couple days ago and got a few pics. Because of the flooding last year they had to bring in a trackhoe to fix the damage. Man, it was a mess. Hopefully this year isn't as bad.

Attachments

• hanging tree 4-8-2019-a.jpg
    hanging tree 4-8-2019-a.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 55
  • hanging tree 4-8-2019-b.jpg
    hanging tree 4-8-2019-b.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 56
  • hanging tree 4-8-2019-c.jpg
    hanging tree 4-8-2019-c.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 56
  • hanging tree 4-8-2019-d.jpg
    hanging tree 4-8-2019-d.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 55
  • hanging tree 4-8-2019-e.jpg
    hanging tree 4-8-2019-e.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 55
  • hanging tree 4-8-2019-f.jpg
    hanging tree 4-8-2019-f.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 53

Caleb

Was the flooding weather related last year? If so, there's quite a bit more snow this year so likely to get more of the same or worse this year. That is unless while fixing the damage they did some preventative maintenance too?

Was the flooding weather related last year? If so, there's quite a bit more snow this year so likely to get more of the same or worse this year. That is unless while fixing the damage they did some preventative maintenance too?
Yes. I did not see how XL canyon was during the height of the flood, but I have been told that Dry canyon was one of the worst in over 30 years. Flooding is expected county-wide this spring. The weather doesn't seem too sure what season it wants. I came in 15 minutes ago after scraping 3" of snow off the steps....

Back in the 80's when the weather was like this there was a lot of flooding and mudslides. It looks like this year is going to rival the floods back then.

Will this affect Hanging Tree trail? You're guess is as good as mine. What concerns me is the dugway. That rock is so unstable, I can't think of anything that could happen up there that wouldn't surprise me. If you've looked at the bluff above the dugway, you know what I mean.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Trail was different than than last year but i would say for the better. Its a little more dug out exposing some more rocks. We got into the snow a bit the higher we went up. We turned back before the last two waterfalls as there is a decent hill climb and then a scetchy hill you must pass on and we didnt want to chance it with it being snowy/muddy. The bottom where the op posted pictures are no concern to any one with any 4x4 vehicle, We had no problems getting to the trail. There is clear signage now that say no parking so hopefully that clears some of that gate confusion nonsense. We parked at Rockreligious house. I lost my brand new steering pump towards the end so that made if fun coming back down and then i lost my serpentine belt on the farm roads and over heated the motor. had the steering pump been working i would of known i lost the belt.

I guess that's when I met you at the intersection? Man, losing a belt sucks beyond comparison. BTDT. left me walking Lord knows how many miles over by Meadow UT in '98. But that's ok, it gives you a chance to modify your buggy so it doesn't happen again.

Oh, I'm sure it will be. Been sprinkling light but steady since 2:30 this morning. I'm predicting flooding & mudslides this spring.