Hanging Tree Trail; Memorial Day run?

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
After the Delta Classic Rock Crawl we are planning on going to Manti to visit my wifes family and I would love to run Hanging tree trail on Monday. Any running the trail or want to run the trail?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Who has the land owners number so we can park there or just park somewhere else? Time that works for people?

I'd start with getting permission to park on campus at the college and go from there.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I just read through that thread for the first time. Seems like some pretty simple solutions for some better signs, or even a designated parking spot. Plenty of free labor was offered, and great ideas given.
Has anything changed in the last 3 years? Why not?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

I'd start with getting permission to park on campus at the college and go from there.
Agreed. this was the best option last time I ran it. The campus parking is best, TONS of room for trailers and it's not too far from the trail head. I bet they'd be good with that Monday since it's a holiday as well.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I'd like to get the TJ out again. I really like the trail. You got room for another? I'll check with my wife to see if we are clear

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Talked to the police guy today. He said no problem and park in the West lot. Just make sure there is no over night stays of the tow rigs. So let's say 830 in west parking lot? Try to be on the trail by 9. Looking at the map I am not sure which parking lot it is. @Herzog want to point ot out on a map for us? Is this it?Screenshot_20210514-222018_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Talked to the police guy today. He said no problem and park in the West lot. Just make sure there is no over night stays of the tow rigs. So let's say 830 in west parking lot? Try to be on the trail by 9. Looking at the map I am not sure which parking lot it is. @Herzog want to point ot out on a map for us? Is this it?View attachment 137533
I believe that's the spot, right where the red pin is. :cool:

Subarudude54

In last year's trip report, I see only buggies, so I'm a little intimidated. In 2019 a Tacoma on 35" showed up in the pictures, so I assume it got through. So then I think I can do it. My ZJ has front and rear lockers, 35" tires plus winch, rock sliders. I've done 7 rated Moab trails with no problems, and been told I've done rated 8 obstacles at Sand Hollow. I guess I'm wavering a bit. Should I go or not?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
In last year's trip report, I see only buggies, so I'm a little intimidated. In 2019 a Tacoma on 35" showed up in the pictures, so I assume it got through. So then I think I can do it. My ZJ has front and rear lockers, 35" tires plus winch, rock sliders. I've done 7 rated Moab trails with no problems, and been told I've done rated 8 obstacles at Sand Hollow. I guess I'm wavering a bit. Should I go or not?
Look for Teraflex's video of the trail from last year. That's a great demonstration of the trail.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

The Tacoma ended up with a fair bit of damage, FYI. It's not the easiest trail for a full body rig, IMO. Big tires, width and clearance are useful on HT.