I don't know if anyone is trying to make it awkward for you guys to access the trail, I know I'm not. If you want the trail, have the trail. Don't respect just the adjacent landowners, but my boss as well. How hard is that? I don't see a battle here, just some people have this really stupid idea that they can park where ever they want. If this was a battle, or some far-fetched conspiracy to end the Hanging Tree trail, I would not have helped you guys by finding alternatives for you.

So far people have a) admitted that they knew the property is privately owned; b) made no efforts to get permission to park there; c) have this really stupid idea that just because they think they aren't hurting anything somehow makes it all ok when they fail to note that parking in some places alone is doing damage to nonirrigated feedstock; d) don't know how to read a map. The landowner is not required to post signs. You, on the other hand, are required to know where you're at to make sure that you are not...trespassing.

JeepGuy, you are a perfect example. You argued over and over that the sign said "public access", taking no heed to the rest of the sign "public access road over private property. Do not leave the road." That is on video. You guys kept pushing and pushing "public access, public access" over and over. Is it really that important to go on these trails? I'm at a loss, here. Initially, ok. We could say it was a misunderstanding, and let it go at that. Until you guys recognized that it was private, admitted that you made no effort to ask for permission, then verbaslly re-wording what the sign said...? It's no longer a misunderstanding at that point.

The verbal abuse, the threats, the tampering with my stuff, all because off-roaders, atv'ers and rock crawlers can't park where they want any more? The BS, in person or on the forum, even? Is it really that important to you guys? Some of you have been very polite, which I appreciate. But with the crap I've had to put up with?

If I were to drive my truck in your back yard and have a BBQ without asking...you wouldn't like that any, would you? Howabout I come to your place, park in your backyard, get the grill going and in the meantime go rummaging and picking through your personal stuff? Can't do that to you? Well, that is what I have dealt with here. Howabout I shut off your natural gas, as well? Nah, you wouldn't like that any, would you? But somehow it's ok for people to do that to me...? No, you really have no room to complain about me being "rude" when I tell you repeatedly that you're trespassing. When I think of it, actually I've generally been pretty darned polite.

With that stuff that I have had to put up with, and I still did everything I could to help find an alternative for you guys...? Like with the college's West Campus. I had finally convinced my boss, though for a brief bit, to accept payment to park. I should have kept my mouth shut and followed the original orders to a T- No letter of consent means they have no consent, period! Instead I tried to find a happy medium for everyone.

By the way...no. I do not have a watch tower. I'll just add that to the list of insults I have, right next to one made by a young woman that called me a "little Hitler" last fall.

One of my biggest errors is how I have not told my boss about everything I have had to put up with. I may have to change that.

Tonkaman

I don't know if anyone is trying to make it awkward for you guys to access the trail, I know I'm not. If you want the trail, have the trail. Don't respect just the adjacent landowners, but my boss as well. How hard is that? I don't see a battle here, just some people have this really stupid idea that they can park where ever they want. If this was a battle, or some far-fetched conspiracy to end the Hanging Tree trail, I would not have helped you guys by finding alternatives for you.

So far people have a) admitted that they knew the property is privately owned; b) made no efforts to get permission to park there; c) have this really stupid idea that just because they think they aren't hurting anything somehow makes it all ok when they fail to note that parking in some places alone is doing damage to nonirrigated feedstock; d) don't know how to read a map. The landowner is not required to post signs. You, on the other hand, are required to know where you're at to make sure that you are not...trespassing.

JeepGuy, you are a perfect example. You argued over and over that the sign said "public access", taking no heed to the rest of the sign "public access road over private property. Do not leave the road." That is on video. You guys kept pushing and pushing "public access, public access" over and over. Is it really that important to go on these trails? I'm at a loss, here. Initially, ok. We could say it was a misunderstanding, and let it go at that. Until you guys recognized that it was private, admitted that you made no effort to ask for permission, then verbaslly re-wording what the sign said...? It's no longer a misunderstanding at that point.

The verbal abuse, the threats, the tampering with my stuff, all because off-roaders, atv'ers and rock crawlers can't park where they want any more? The BS, in person or on the forum, even? Is it really that important to you guys? Some of you have been very polite, which I appreciate. But with the crap I've had to put up with?

If I were to drive my truck in your back yard and have a BBQ without asking...you wouldn't like that any, would you? Howabout I come to your place, park in your backyard, get the grill going and in the meantime go rummaging and picking through your personal stuff? Can't do that to you? Well, that is what I have dealt with here. Howabout I shut off your natural gas, as well? Nah, you wouldn't like that any, would you? But somehow it's ok for people to do that to me...? No, you really have no room to complain about me being "rude" when I tell you repeatedly that you're trespassing. When I think of it, actually I've generally been pretty darned polite.

With that stuff that I have had to put up with, and I still did everything I could to help find an alternative for you guys...? Like with the college's West Campus. I had finally convinced my boss, though for a brief bit, to accept payment to park. I should have kept my mouth shut and followed the original orders to a T- No letter of consent means they have no consent, period! Instead I tried to find a happy medium for everyone.

By the way...no. I do not have a watch tower. I'll just add that to the list of insults I have, right next to one made by a young woman that called me a "little Hitler" last fall.

One of my biggest errors is how I have not told my boss about everything I have had to put up with. I may have to change that.
Try to keep in perspective that a very small percentage of the ‘rock crawling’ community are being disrespectful. I’m not denying that you’ve had your hands full of bad apples, just saying don’t condemn the entire crowd just yet.

Thanks for being as patient as you have been with everyone

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
i still don't see how it's that hard to not park or someone else property.

maybe a sign that states "no tow vehicles past this point"? but then that's one more sign that people will ignore.