harbor freight 3000 lb winch

Cherokeester

Yes, useless. Put it on a ATV and that might work ok. Take your vehicle weight and times it by 2 or so and that will give the size of winch you want. I would put a minimum of a 9500 lb. winch on a ZJ.

JackKeslerCustoms

Yes, useless. Put it on a ATV and that might work ok. Take your vehicle weight and times it by 2 or so and that will give the size of winch you want. I would put a minimum of a 9500 lb. winch on a ZJ.

TOTALLY worthless on a ZJ. SFM on this board put the Harbor Freight 8000 lb winch on the front of Ollie's old 84 Landcruiser (lightweight rig for anyone who remembers it) and it broke the first time out on the Eagle's Nest.

toyoda

The Smitty built that 4wheel parts sells seems to work well for my crawler. The line speed is on the slow side but it's been reliable so far. I run the 8k winch with synthetic rope that I added. They came out recently with a 10,500 version. around 470 bucks for the 10.5.

suisuki

Chrome Won't Get ya' home
They do make a good suspension compresion winch on a lighter rig and are way better than the 2k models but they're by no means up to the task of recovering anything bigger than an atv.