Has anybody renewed their OHV-registered vehicle this year?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Apparently they are switching to plates…???

I’ve always just received new stickers like an ATV/dirtbike but I just opened it and now I have a plate. Weird! Are they switching to plates on all of the smaller vehicles too?

16221DC0-FEC2-442D-8196-461E22992121.jpeg

Edit: there’s also a paragraph about doing the online training on the sheet. Interesting.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Weird. I’m considering keeping my buggy Utah plated since WY doesn’t appear to have anything similar for full size and chances are I’d only continue to street it in places like southern UT.

I suppose I should try to renew and find out

lhracing

It is part of the new OHV training and licensing. It is to make identification of off-trail violators easer.

Last edited:

N-Smooth

It is part of the new OHV training and licensing. It is to make identification of off-trail violators easer.

I didn’t see anything about it in the literature so I was surprised. It makes sense though to keep people accountable.

1993yj

Got my plate today too. Seems like a solution in search of a problem. Dirt bikes don’t need plates, they still get to use stickers, but for some reason ATVs and OHVs need plates. Can’t see how these plates will make their enforcement any easier, but now I need to figure out how to mount the stupid thing.

N-Smooth

I had a little aluminum piece that I cut out to put my tags on and zip-tied to the cage. So I’ll do the same with the plate. Zip ties are the ultimate problem solver.