Has anyone had asphalt laid?

Caleb

I would love to do the driveway at my cabin in asphalt, it's getting time that I need to either get more gravel or do something else. It's fairly long (probably 200' or more and probably 12' wide). Does anyone have have any idea how much asphalt generally costs to have laid? How do they price it (sqft, sqyd, cubic yd/ft, etc?)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
We did our driveway 15 ish years ago in asphalt, would I do it again... nope. This may not apply to you, but asphalt looks like a road and everyone and their dog pulls down our driveway to turn around or park.

Back then, I paid +-5K for a 200' X 20' section.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I'll tell you one thing, Chance (chocflip201) is effin good at it. I've seen a bunch of pics of their projects and I'm always impressed with his work.

Caleb

Its not a cabin if it has a paved road to it...just say'n

Ha, my cabin is 100% off grid (I put solar on it for power, I have a septic tank for sewer, and I have to haul in my water), it’s a dirt road to it, but that doesn’t mean I can’t make it nice ;).

astjp2

I need to find a Block layer for my cabin project, I have 95 acres on the pilot mountains. No pavement and plenty of tweakers. If I do concrete block, I can call it a shed and I dont have to worry about fire as much. It will also keep the taxes down. I also have a water seep on the property.

Attachments

• Pilot mountains2.pdf
    840.9 KB · Views: 18