Hate my new neighbors...

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
As of 3 days ago, we got new neighbors. They suck.... they're loud, trashy and are outside all the time. They have 5-6 kids of all ages and have a bunch of gocarts, dirtbikes, etc and ride them up and down the street. The dad yells at his kids, calls them dumbass, idiot, etc. All this in a neighborhood full of mostly retired, older folks and empty nesters. We moved here because it was peaceful and quiet... and now that's all changed. As I write this, there's a early 80's 2 stroke buzzing up the street, some shitty Chinese gocart buzzing around and a kid in the background, crying.

It might be time to move, to a 40+ acre parcel in the middle of nowhere.

:mad:

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
Bummer

You have a nice place where you are. I know where there's 5 quiet buildable acres in Palisade, just saying.
Can I drill a well and is there electricity to the property? I may be interested... :D

There was just a drag race up out street between a quad and dirtbike....

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
That sux that somebody like that can move in and ruin the whole neighborhood overnight

There is Electric to the edge of the property, you have to bring it in, Excel

Not sure about a well, probably. It's on the Ute water line.

johngottfredson

Sweep the leg.
Well, if it's you or them, why not make it them? Find out if the machines they're on are road legal, and bust them at every violation. There may be noise ordinances, no parking on lawn ordinances, etc. And if some meth mysteriously is discovered on their property...? It's for the greater good. Think of the old people.

Jesser04

didnt you have a cat situation a while back? You could call the cops or go over and have a friendly conversation with the guy maybe he will put a stop to it. Down side to the convo is if he tells you to pound sand and you end up getting the cops involved they’ll be no question who called them.

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
That sux that somebody like that can move in and ruin the whole neighborhood overnight

There is Electric to the edge of the property, you have to bring it in, Excel

Not sure about a well, probably. It's on the Ute water line.
Yeah, they just don't fit here. Where in Palisade? How much? I may be interested, long as it's quiet!

Well, if it's you or them, why not make it them? Find out if the machines they're on are road legal, and bust them at every violation. There may be noise ordinances, no parking on lawn ordinances, etc. And if some meth mysteriously is discovered on their property...? It's for the greater good. Think of the old people.
I like the meth idea! I may set out a full gas can on their property with some sugar in it, let them pour it in their machines and ruin the engines.

didnt you have a cat situation a while back? You could call the cops or go over and have a friendly conversation with the guy maybe he will put a stop to it. Down side to the convo is if he tells you to pound sand and you end up getting the cops involved they’ll be no question who called them.
Yeah, the cats.... I now own a live trap and my neighbor has way less feral cats. So you think I should trap the little kids and relocate them too? :D

I could call the Sheriff, but I hate to be that guy. We will see if it settles down over the next week or 2, they may just be showing off for the new neighbors?

J-mobzz

Every time I hear a kid on something with a motor I smile he isn’t inside playing a video game pretending to drive something with a motor. My neighborhood is pretty non stop with kids buzzing around tho so I guess I’m used to it.

Edit as I hit sent some kid came brappping by my house

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
You have officially entered the grumpy old man stage of life

I’ll make sure to stay off your lawn

Hehehe
I felt like that when I was making this thread... I'm the pissed off old guy in the neighborhood! Eh, guess I'll have to match their noise with the El Camino soon. ;)

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I was that kid. The cops came often.
In truth, if you want it to change, it will take talking to them, and calling cops when it happens. It makes you the mean neighbor in their eyes.. but they are the mean neighbor in your eyes currently.
We have neighbors, and I am still that neighbor, who ride dirt bikes around the hood. However, it's not drag racing up and down in front of the house for long periods. We do a whole neighborhood run, so each neighbor only hears us come and go once. And it's on quiet 4 strokes.