Hate my new neighbors...

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
I was one of those kids.

My dad was sometimes that dad. (That one is hard for me to bear.)
I was that kid. The cops came often.
In truth, if you want it to change, it will take talking to them, and calling cops when it happens. It makes you the mean neighbor in their eyes.. but they are the mean neighbor in your eyes currently.
We have neighbors, and I am still that neighbor, who ride dirt bikes around the hood. However, it's not drag racing up and down in front of the house for long periods. We do a whole neighborhood run, so each neighbor only hears us come and go once. And it's on quiet 4 strokes.
I was that kid, too.... had a dirt bike in 8th grade and had neighbors talking to me about riding around the neighborhood. I guess this is my payback. :(

nnnnnate

We had kids out playing in the circle for the first time on Saturday and I was thinking how nice it was that there were actually kids around to do that. Its a new neighborhood but still... They were on razors and pedal bikes and the noise was laughing but it was an inconvenience when I was backing out of the driveway that I had to look a few extra times so I didn't run one of them over.

Houndoc

I agree with the friendly overtures first. May go south from there but at least you started by taking the high road.

Kevin B.

OLAF
Supporting Member
My problem with the braps (and in my neighborhood it's more Harleys and coal rollers and fart-canned 4 bangers than it is kids on gokarts) is that they always wanna advertise their motory presence while I'm trying to sleep. Earplugs and white noise generators only go so far.

A chunk of acres in the country is definitely in my future.

Kevin B.

OLAF
Supporting Member
I'm sitting here thinking that I was a pretty damn good kid... I mean, I played with some gun powder at times, but nobody ever called the cops on me.
There may or may not have been cops called on me a couple times. I wouldn't know, because I made a point to be gone when they got there. :D

DAA

Premium Member
Supporting Member
The statute of limitations isn't up yet on some of my shenanigans. So, no comment on who got called on who, when, for what. Or even if I was, or was not in the country at any particular point in time.

But, I'll admit, I'm STILL that kid...

And my 16 year old daughter isn't any better. Within one hour of getting a car, the cops were calling me to come get her. True story...

- DAA

UT410

On jack stands.
Supporting Member
There may or may not have been cops called on me a couple times. I wouldn't know, because I made a point to be gone when they got there. :D
I'm hesitant to post about the time I was pulled out of bed, tossed (literally) into the front yard and given a VERY stern talking to.