HDR Christmas Tree shot?

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Anyone get any cool HDR shot of their Christmas tree or something visually dynamic for Christmas? I plan to get one of my brothers tree with the presents under it...lets see what you all have! :)

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Santa brought me a Canon EOS Rebel T1i, so I thought I would give this a try. I did not have a tripod to take the 5 pictures I used, so the merged image is kind of blurry.

Christmastreehdr.jpg

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Santa brought me a Canon EOS Rebel T1i, so I thought I would give this a try. I did not have a tripod to take the 5 pictures I used, so the merged image is kind of blurry.

Christmastreehdr.jpg

Your T1i does 5 different exposures? DAMN, they must have changed it. I have the same camera and I can only do 3. :(

I still need to get my photo taken before I take the tree down! EEK I can't seem to find any time.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Your T1i does 5 different exposures? DAMN, they must have changed it. I have the same camera and I can only do 3. :(

I can adjust the exposure from -2 to +2 in .5 increments. So I guess I technically I have 9 exposure settings. I am still trying to figure everything out. I am sure 99% of my shots will be in the auto settings.

What size lens do you reccomend as the first to add?

Last edited:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I can adjust the exposure from -2 to +2 in .5 increments. So I guess I technically I have 9 exposure settings. I am still trying to figure everything out. I am sure 99% of my shots will be in the auto settings.

What size lens do you reccomend as the first to add?

Oh okay! You did it manually. our AEB setting can only do three. Its cool though, I think my HDR shots are badass! LOL jk. ;)

I would find a nice wide angle lense. Herzog got me a EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Wide Angle lense. :D

Just look around, KSL always has good deals on used camera lenses. A lot of photographers out there love the latest and greatest so theywill use a lense or base for a year or so then sell it and upgrade. That is just what I have found but I am sure others have better advice for you. I am still a beginner so take my advice with a grain of salt. :)