Heathers JK replacement build

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I bought these ones. This Jeep has a very tight deadline of when it needs to be done and with the buggy on hold until this is done I really just didn't want to spend the extra time it would have taken to build my own.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Nice looking build. Great to see you getting the kids involved. Great family time and bonding experiences. I started having my son hang in the shop with me when he could walk and by the time he was four years old nothing was safe. He was taking anything apart he could find. Now at 22-years old he is as much of a gearhead as I am and our time in the shop wrenching on Jeeps or Harleys is especially treasured.

Mike.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Well this build got wrapped up this weekend except for driveshafts I will get them in this weekend and I have a ton of pictures to upload, The only ones i have on my phone are of the billet tail light housings that I machined, these were designed by another member on here and once he gives me the go ahead to post his name I will, I just programmed and machined them....

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Those really did turn out so nice it's going to be a shame when I spot you into breaking them.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Well this build went on way longer than it should have for the amount of work that was done. It took almost 3 months to the day to drive this thing. The wheelbase ended up at 99 inches and the bottom of the frame rail is 21" at ride height with 6.5" of uptravel. I ended up running 14" coilovers front and rear and I couldnt be happier with the way it turned out. I need to trim up the rear wheel wells just to make them more symmetrical. Well here is a picture of it.

I also got my axle housings from Teraflex this week so I can get back to the regular scheduled programming and finish my dang buggy

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Thanks guys!!! After driving it a few miles I have came to a few conclusions.... Long arm kits and coilovers are the bees knees!!! I need to bend up some rear flares eventually so I dont get harrassed by the police.

Other than that I would say this build is complete

N-Smooth

It's perfect timing, really. Now it's not too hot in Moab and StG and we can go wheeling!

Are you planning on a local shakedown run or a "real" trip?

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Moab and St George are the perfect shake down run

We should do a cross state adventure, hanging tree then head to moab for a few days and the head to St George for a few days and then head home or to the Delta proving grounds on our way home

N-Smooth

Moab and St George are the perfect shake down run

We should do a cross state adventure, hanging tree then head to moab for a few days and the head to St George for a few days and then head home or to the Delta proving grounds on our way home

I've always wanted to do something like that, I'd just have to treat my rig like I'm doing that aka be easy on it for the first few destinations at least.

Just for fun I googled it-
West Jordan > Ephraim > Moab > Hurricane > West Jordan = 911 miles, 13.25 hours

Awesome.