Heathers JK replacement build

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I will be starting the cage on this build just as soon as I get home from the WeRock nationals this weekend and begin tuning shocks for the Dirt Riot series this next year.... Heather will be racing this in the Mod Trail class with me as the co driver

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Just printed out the DirtRiot rules myself. If you think having Heather drive will keep me from pit maneuvering you... you're wrong. I'll just make sure to hit the passenger side.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I finally got to run this around Moab last weekend and it did great!!! I am going to add a rear sway bar and spend some time revalving the coil overs. I also Ordered up some new Maxxis Trepadors, mostly because the MTR Kevlars suck!

EDIT: I also lowered the ride height down to about 4.5" of up travel for Moab, I loved it and it will probably remain this way for the forseeable future

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
What pressure did they suck at? I do pretty well at about 10-12 psi with my 38" ones. The 35" on my JKU don't hook quite as well but I don't push that rig enough to really know.

I started the weekend at 10 then went to 8 then 6 and then 4 and they pretty much sucked all the time.... These tires probably dont suck but compared to trepadors they SUCK pretty bad I bought them so I had some first hand experiance with some of the big players in the offroad tire world. I will be running trepadors for the forseeable future

STAG

On my grind
Maxxis is te bomb for sure, great for the rocks. MTRKs are my favorite as an all-around dual purpose tire, but yeah they won't compare to treps on the rocks.