Heathers JK replacement build

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
So after daily driving the JK for a few years Heather decided that she wanted a car again so we sold the JK picked her up a nice BMW and got her a nice 2004 TJ to wheel. Since I already have my new Promod buggy to build This will be a quick and easy build and nothing to extreme so here is the list:

4.3 Atlas (already installed by previous owner)

Teraflex Elite LCG while moving the rear back about 6 inches and the front about 3

Raceline rt232 bead locks on 37" Goodyear MTR Kevlars

king pin 60 front with 5.13 gear and Yukon Zip Locker

Dana 60 rear with 35 spline shafts and grizzly locker

front and rear coilovers

new cage

highline front and rear

and of course bumpers and sliders built by me.

I also put in the word to the guys at alltruck to find me a complete 6.0 drivetrain (this will be a winter project)

So We picked this Jeep up last weekend after OSRC and this saturday we pulled the axles:

Sunday afternoon I pulled the lift/shocks and started torching off the previous mounts and finally after about 6 hours of torching and grinding I have a blank canvas and am ready to start building

Last edited:

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I picked up my rear coilovers towers from Carl last night, now I just need to figure out how to weld all the puzzle pieces together :D I never was very good with puzzles but luckily I have my 4 year old Daughter that is a puzzle master so between the two us we should be able to figure it out

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I picked up all my teraflex stuff yesterday and started to lay out my plan for today, I am working until noon and then hitting this hard all day. We even had a nice family drawing session on the new belly up skid plate. Brooklyn my four old daughter loves helping and she gets to learn fractions when I tell her what wrench I need. WIN WIN

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
^Great pic! I'm excited for when our girls get old enough to hang out in the garage.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Spent some time on this over the weekend and ended up fighting alot of rusty threads and eventually just started running a tap through every thing before I even tried to start a bolt in it..... I got the lower mounts and belly up skid plate all on I am going to have to clearnace the floor for the shifter on the atlas but nothing to major. I also picked up my front 60 from a buddy that was getting rid of one and even suckered him into installing the brackets on it for me in the stock TJ location. Havent done much since saturday other than look at it and get ideas for it to sit even lower.... I also got the aluminum stretch corners and gonna start cutting that out this evening

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
So I have been out playing instead of working on the TJ but I have made some progress so onto that...

I got all my steering mocked up, along with the coilovers. I was 2 tabs short of be having the coilovers mounted and having the whole front end torn down and completely welded and painted....These 2.5x14 shocks sure take up alot of room compared the 2.0s

Everything clears at full bump by about 1/2" and with some very slight frame mods I could lower it quite a bit, but I promised myself I wasnt going to get that far into this build!!!

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Well the Jeep will be a full roller tomorrow and will be out of the garage for a thorough cleaning. Here is how it sits as of tonight!!!

I got my Raceline wheels and Goodyear MTRs mounted up, torqueing all the bolts on the beadlocks SUCK..... So I didnt do it...:D I just cranked them down with my cordless impact turned down to about half power and Im going to pray I dont kill a bus full of nuns or something. Anyways I will add some more pictures of the journey here in a bit

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I finally got the high line fenders painted and bolted on this weekend, they look so awesome!!! I forgot to take a picture of them on the Jeep but here is a few pictures of them after paint. I have never been much of a painter so I ran them over to my dads and he layed down some color for me.