Hello from Tennessee, CJ5 project

Harley Jim

P
I'm wondering if your spring hangers and shackles hangers have been modified, and that they are not parallel. I'd measure those 4 points to be sure. Other than that, I would use those panhard parts to build a steering box brace.
Hickey.
I know the springs and axle are from about a 1983 as all the brake parts I got were for an 83. I am listening. I have to replace the water line from the well to the house, going to start that tomorrow morning. When I get back to jeep in a couple of days I will start at the steering box. Thanks for the help everyone

Harley Jim

Well, once again I got busy and haven't posted anything for quite a while.
20220518_183604.jpg
I'm still rebuilding my acre, I'm putting a 35' carport here, lots of dirt got moved and new walls got built.
20220515_190359.jpg
The old 20' carport was put behind the shop, a lot of dirt was moved here also.
20220423_174651.jpg
The tractor makes short work of moving carports.
20220514_215428.jpg
I finished the gazebo and we use it often.
20220324_163319.jpg
I'm building a new golf cart. Got to adjust the wheelbase a bit more to shrink that long body panel.
20220201_163514.jpg
But most importantly, I finally found the problem with
Pat's 73 CJ5. Originally we couldn't get it over 40 mph and it would become very unstable to steer. We bought it this way knowing there was a problem.
Earlier I had taken it to a very reputable body shop and had the frame checked for square, then some of you will remember some of the things that I tried and lots of suggestions from the fine folks here, well nothing really worked. I went back to the beginning and I built a trammel to check the frame myself and found that the right frame rail was one inch in front of the left. I searched out an old school guy that had a frame shop out in the middle of no where, he put it on his frame machine and said that the right was forward of the left and was also ¾" higher also. He chained it down and pulled it back to square.
20220201_163505.jpg
I'm now proud to say that it will cruise at 60 mph and my wife Pat who has a background in racing CJ5s says at 50 mph she feels safe and in control of the vehicle.
20220131_160210.jpg
I have finished detailing the frame, replaced a leakey radiator, put a coolant recovery bottle on it, and cleaned it up.
20220123_170859.jpg
Thanks for the support and your patience with me.
Now on to the next project.