Help: Place for the non-4x4 realted businesses!!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The idea was raised that we add a place where businesses NOT realted to wheeling can advertise, make new contacts & generate business. I believe this would be a great benefit to the community we have here, but would like the people who will be participating to help us build the place.

The general idea is that for a small fee of $50/yr, anyone who is in business for themselves may advertise. The fee would help support the forum.

How can we make this worth your money? How would you guys like this to be carried out? Any suggestion the on Forum name?

James, this was mostly your idea... I expect to hear from ya! :)

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'd dig that in the classifieds. In the spring I'd even advertise there.

I'm all for it. There seems to be a large talent pool here, and everyone always needs something done. Why not get the work done from a 'wheeler?

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Tacoma said:
I'm all for it. There seems to be a large talent pool here, and everyone always needs something done. Why not get the work done from a 'wheeler?

I'd second that. I'll be needing some general contracting help next summer, and I'd rather go to someone who supports at least one of my causes.

As for where, I think it would work well under the Vendors forums, give it its own sub-forum. Something that indicates non 4x4. The General store actually sounds pretty good.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Greg said:

no one wants james to do work for them, he is too outspoken and mean!
j/k he does super clean work :D

but he is still mean

richpblaze

Well whats taken you so long????

Just put it under local businesses (Not 4x4 related) It would be worth the $50.00 just to be known with the people on the board. It's a write off anyway and it would help you with cost of the board.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Spork said:
Forum Name = The General Store :greg:

This is catchy.

The 50 dollars is very reasonably. Maybe a banner at the top of the forum that is created for this kinda stuff. That changes either daily or hourly with the businesses that are paying for space.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
James K said:
This is catchy.

The 50 dollars is very reasonably. Maybe a banner at the top of the forum that is created for this kinda stuff. That changes either daily or hourly with the businesses that are paying for space.

A banner for each paying business that displays in the 'General Store' forum? That might be difficult to do, since each person would have to have a custom banner built. That = $$$. Not shooting the idea down, but just mentioning the cost factor.

Would you guys be intrested in a forum, if it were without banners? You could post your own product/service, attach pics or work done, etc.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
James K said:

Greg said:
A banner for each paying business that displays in the 'General Store' forum? That might be difficult to do, since each person would have to have a custom banner built. That = $$$. Not shooting the idea down, but just mentioning the cost factor.

Would you guys be intrested in a forum, if it were without banners? You could post your own product/service, attach pics or work done, etc.

non 4x4-banners in the 'General Store' section is very possible, but like you said... it could get difficult if there are a lot of people who want banners. They could be on random rotation per page view, like the current banners in every forum. And yes, banners would cost more.

:)

Jeeptj1998

Greg said:
The idea was raised that we add a place where businesses NOT realted to wheeling can advertise, make new contacts & generate business. I believe this would be a great benefit to the community we have here, but would like the people who will be participating to help us build the place.

The general idea is that for a small fee of $50/yr, anyone who is in business for themselves may advertise. The fee would help support the forum.

How can we make this worth your money? How would you guys like this to be carried out? Any suggestion the on Forum name?

I think this is a GREAT idea, I'm in for $50.00

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Herzog said:
non 4x4-banners in the 'General Store' section is very possible, but like you said... it could get difficult if there are a lot of people who want banners. The could be on random rotation per page view, like the current banners in every forum. And yes, banners would cost more.

:)

what would be a ballpark cost? I'm not syaing an exact but, I am curious.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Herzog said:
Probably close to the same as the Level 2 Vendor cost - http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=15598

Not really sure yet... But if you have me build them, there would probably be another fee for that too. Around $50 or so.

this does interest me.

I think I would have to see what kind of business the standard 50.00 dollars would get me. What I do is some what specialized. But I want to support the board anyway I can.