Helping an Army Veteren

Coco

Well, there's that suspicious dude with a last name Bruening involved there.... Other than that
I do agree with this. I am not a huge fan of the guy from what I have heard of him, but that is me just casting judgment.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I do agree with this. I am not a huge fan of the guy from what I have heard of him.

He's actually been pretty good to me... Sorry to hear he's not who he's presented himself to me consistently. Then again, I've been a douchebag a few times and usually I attribute that to me being focused at times when others aren't and I come across wrong.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I have found this story to be pretty cool. Say what you will about the UTV/SXS community, but this was awesome.

Cool story.

Any chance you can teach them to stay on the trail and stop creating bypasses for every bump?

(Sorry to sound grumpy but I just got home from Moab and Hell's revenge is 5 lanes wide because of lack of trail etiquette)

Coco

Cool story.

Any chance you can teach them to stay on the trail and stop creating bypasses for every bump?

(Sorry to sound grumpy but I just got home from Moab and Hell's revenge is 5 lanes wide because of lack of trail etiquette)
I speak out about it, and post on groups like that constantly, plus tell people in person if I see it.

Question is, have you spoke out about it? Complaining about it does nothing to help stop the issue at hand. Yes, it definitely sucks what non-educated people in the SXS industry are doing to the trails, but it wont stop unless you speak up.

I have also seen a LOT of the tour companies parking in that area on top as well. I don't think the sole blame is on SXS, but I could see a big issue being them.

This post isn't met to be an instant SXS fight.

Last edited:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I speak out about it, and post on groups like that constantly, plus tell people in person if I see it.

Question is, have you spoke out about it? Complaining about it does nothing to help stop the issue at hand. Yes, it definitely sucks at what non-educated people in the SXS industry are doing to the trails, but it wont stop unless you speak up.
I think you already know the answer about my willingness to confront someone with bad trail etiquette, but I appreciate you illustrating effective steps for people who are reading this.

Education is key. ;)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Well, there's that suspicious dude with a last name Bruening involved there.... Other than that

Bud is a great guy imo. He’s done a great deal to organize the SxS community, he’s well know to land managers due to his willingness to be vocal and his group has advocated for some big things that naturally benefit their own as well as access issues for 4x4’s too. Perhaps I’ve missed some drama surrounding him?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
As I mentioned above, my interactions with Bud have always been fairly positive. He seems like a “normal” guy? Maybe folks’ questionable interactions with him were on his bad days? My initial comment was made in jest but I think I used the incorrect sarcasm font. I am sorry and will try to use the more appropriate sarcasm font in the future

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Bud is the only person I’ve ever blocked on FB. It’s been a few years and I don’t even remember the conversation but he really pissed me off. It’s all good though, my opinion on him doesn’t mean he’s a bad guy or whatever