Here we go... 1969/70 Chevy C10/K20 projects

Greg

Starting Over
Admin
Working on the little things, putting more miles on it. Really need to get it plated... :grimacing:

i-t3vfBMg-X2.jpg

It's come a long way in 2 months!

i-XbW6P4V-X2.jpg

Greg

Starting Over
Admin
I haven't had much time to work on the C10, but I have made a little progress. I really wanted to have it listed by now, but finding the right seat has slowed down putting the interior together.

I did pick up a pretty used 2nd row bench out of a 2002 Tahoe, but the mounting brackets aren't close at all and ended up being a massive PITA to work around. I got the seat in place without being bolted down and it looks OK, but I don't think it'll stay. I need something better. I did pick up a neat Mexican blanket to toss over it, to give it some more character.

i-THm5CRj-X2.jpg

i-jB4XFpm-X2.jpg

Last time I drove it, I noticed how terrible the resonating was at most cruising speeds. Now, I don't mind loud vehicles and this truck sounds great, but the resonation in the cab was overbearing. I picked up a couple 2 1/2" Vibrant Performance resonators and added them after the crossover and before the mufflers, where I had plenty of room. They had great reviews and the price was decent. After firing it up in the shop, the difference is noticeable. Should really help when driving, we will see next time I get it out again.

i-pdzpNzp-X2.jpg

i-LdmDT8F-X2.jpg

I did pick up some needed interior parts, a new carpet kit which came with some some pretty thick insulation for the floor. I added some carpeting over the gas tank and added a bit more carpet and insulation behind the tank, against the cab. I'm hoping that will also help with the resonating and noise in the cab. Picked up new interior door handles and window cranks and new door sill plates to bring it all together.

i-B2G86zp-X2.jpg

i-bq7LnfC-X2.jpg

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I really like the blanket, but agree that the seat shouldn't stay.

I'm thinking tailpipes that exit the body (rather than the pre-axle dump) would make way more difference in the drone than anything else.

I just put (well, not quite finished yet) an ACC carpet kit in my Olds - good bang for the buck IMO. It's amazing how much difference a couple hundred bucks worth of carpet can make.

Greg

Starting Over
Admin
I really like the blanket, but agree that the seat shouldn't stay.

I'm thinking tailpipes that exit the body (rather than the pre-axle dump) would make way more difference in the drone than anything else.

I just put (well, not quite finished yet) an ACC carpet kit in my Olds - good bang for the buck IMO. It's amazing how much difference a couple hundred bucks worth of carpet can make.

Yeah, the seat is out... I found a decent C10 bench seat near by that I'm going to look at tomorrow. It's in pretty good shape, but the Mexican blanket will still go on it.

Tailpipes are for old men... :rofl: I want it to be rowdy, but not drone. We'll see how it does, the lack of carpet before compounded the issue for certain.

The ACC carpet kit is QUALITY, I got this one from RockAuto for $150!

I think if you ditch the headrests the seat would be fine with the blanket on it

Agreed. I don't like headrests in the back windows of old trucks.

I'm in the it's too much seat, wondering if it's starting to take legroom away.

I agree, the seat was cheap but it's not a match for the truck. The headrests don't bother me, but @Spork nailed it... these are thicker than the factory seats and make the cab even tighter than it already is. Hopefully I can pick up that good C10 bench tomorrow and toss the blanket on it, calling it good.

Greg

Starting Over
Admin
FINALLY, back on this thing! After a 2 week vacation out of the country and a week out of town for work, I've finally had a chance to get on the C10 again.

It still need plenty of work before it's ready to list for sale (totally missed my 2 month plan), but I've made some decent progress. Most of it has been on the interior.... I decided to have the factory seat reupholstered, as the Tahoe seat just wasn't working out. I had a local shop in Fruita do the work and it turned out amazing! He combined Blue (interior color) with Black vinyl in the right places and it looks killer!

20220812_151432-X3.jpg

20220812_151407-X4.jpg

I stripped the rust on the seat mounts with a bath in acid, then painted them with black gloss Rustoleum.
20220803_160658-X4.jpg

I laid out the new carpet and added the new door sill plates, bolted the brackets in place and slid the seat where it was at home. The color of the newly rebuilt seat and the interior color really came together!
20220812_170047-X4.jpg

20220812_174312-X4.jpg

20220812_174327-X4.jpg

Greg

Starting Over
Admin
The cheap Amazon (Chinese) starter I bought sh!t the bed and wouldn't turn the engine over anymore, so I bought a new high torque starter from Jegs. I need to get it swapped in tomorrow, then bleed the brakes (again). Then work on some tuning issues and finally the title paper work... so I can get it in my name, the put it up for sale!

20220812_182823-X4.jpg

Also worked on the brake and turning lights out back, stripping them down and preparing to rewire the entire system. I bought some new lenses, as the old ones were broken out. Cleaned up the reverse lenses too... hopefully I'll get to the rest of it tomorrow!

20220812_180911-X4.jpg

20220812_181421-X2.jpg

20220812_181114-X2.jpg

20220812_181359-X2.jpg