Here we go again...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
rckcrlr said:
I have a buddy in Texas that has wheeled with me for years!! He is willing to help out however he can, and he is a LAWYER! He should be able set up a corp and let us know what we need to do. He specializes in business and tax law, should be up his alley.

Let's get a new thread, have a meeting, hammer out what we need to do, and I'll get the info to him.

Marc

Sounds good, I will get all the info on my website, and then we can start a new thread...

Mcstiff

I set up a poll in the land use fourm on PBB to see how many shares could be sold in the next 40 days. Would everyone please VOTE in this poll so everyone is represented.

Caleb

Mcstiff said:
I set up a poll in the land use fourm on PBB to see how many shares could be sold in the next 40 days. Would everyone please VOTE in this poll so everyone is represented.

great thread but I swear that forum is NEVER looked at...I voted:D

utahxjer

I see all the other boards are noticing too. I'm in for a share but the poll on pirate doesn't seem to be working...

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
I've been following this thread and the ones on Pirate, and I thought I should let everyone know what the Red Rock 4 Wheelers position on this is.

While we are very interested and concerned in the whole situation, the club is unable (for a lot of reasons) to directly purchase the land, or for that matter, spearhead an effort for others to purchase it. However, if another group or organization wanted to buy it, we would certainly offer our support and help.

I am 99% sure that the parcel to be auctioned in May includes all of Upper Helldorado, as well as much of Strike Ravine. We have scheduled a club run in the area for March 14th, and will GPS the trails to confirm this.

One possible source of help may be USA-All. We have spoken to their attorney, and will be using his services in an attempt to secure easments for other trails that cross SITLA lands. Of couse, Kurt is doing a great job, and he and the Utah 4WDA could well be our best resource.

If I can answer anyone's questions, or be of any other help, just ask. You can email me direct at drtsqrl@frontiernet.net.

Thanks -
Jeff Stevens
V.P. Red Rock 4-Wheelers

troutbum

cubi-kill
co-op

I have attorney's in the family, and they wheel in moab a lot. I will ask him about the co-op. I would buy several shares.

BLH

rckcrlr said:
I have a buddy in Texas that has wheeled with me for years!! He is willing to help out however he can, and he is a LAWYER! He should be able set up a corp and let us know what we need to do. He specializes in business and tax law, should be up his alley.

Let's get a new thread, have a meeting, hammer out what we need to do, and I'll get the info to him.

Marc

I also got Friend that is interested in buying land down there , he is Lawyer also I'm going to give him call, once I findout more, then were going to go look at it at.

drtsqrl said:
I've been following this thread and the ones on Pirate, and I thought I should let everyone know what the Red Rock 4 Wheelers position on this is.

While we are very interested and concerned in the whole situation, the club is unable (for a lot of reasons) to directly purchase the land, or for that matter, spearhead an effort for others to purchase it. However, if another group or organization wanted to buy it, we would certainly offer our support and help.

I am 99% sure that the parcel to be auctioned in May includes all of Upper Helldorado, as well as much of Strike Ravine. We have scheduled a club run in the area for March 14th, and will GPS the trails to confirm this.

One possible source of help may be USA-All. We have spoken to their attorney, and will be using his services in an attempt to secure easments for other trails that cross SITLA lands. Of couse, Kurt is doing a great job, and he and the Utah 4WDA could well be our best resource.

If I can answer anyone's questions, or be of any other help, just ask. You can email me direct at drtsqrl@frontiernet.net.

Thanks -
Jeff Stevens
V.P. Red Rock 4-Wheelers

Jeff,

Good to hear from you.

Kurt and I are chasing some leads on atty's that can help us, and it looks like several others here are doing the same.

U4 would be happy to be the clearinghouse on this, and/or manage it for the long term, depending on what's the best way to make it happen.

Brett

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Maverick said:
U4 would be happy to be the clearinghouse on this, and/or manage it for the long term, depending on what's the best way to make it happen.

Brett
I support that. I would rather have U4 manage it that a coop of ten thousand "owners" who each have their own ideas. I would like to see a fund set up in U4 specifically for buying this land. Make sure people know that they can donate to this fund and it will go directly toward the land purchase, not into the general fund (not that there's anything wrong with the general fund...).

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Maverick said:

Brett

I also agree... I'd support U4 managing this. I'd also be glad to lend help in any way possible.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Maverick said:
Jeff,

Good to hear from you.

Kurt and I are chasing some leads on atty's that can help us, and it looks like several others here are doing the same.

Brett

Brett, that's great to hear! Keep me posted as to how I can help.

Jeff

allterrain

AllTerrain
And of course, any donations made to U4 would be TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
Wish we could get some deep pocket donations like the Greens always manage to do.
Maybe we ought to keep this one under our hats or it could be snagged by enviros just to spite us.
It's tough to compete with their bank...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I also would rather see it purchased and managed by the 4wda rather than a coop or corp. I'm not particularly familiar with coop's, but corps require certian amount of paperwork and other formailities be filed every year. A non profit organization (such as the U4wda) should be able to purchase the lands and operate them not-for-profit.

rotozuk

I'm a little shy of having a state association try to run something of this nature.

A fair amount of the funding soundslike it will be coming from outside of Utah. So why limit yourself to only volunteers from Utah to help deal with the many issues that are sure to crop up over the years.

I know volunteers at the association level can get swamped, so they may not be all that willing to add yet another task to their job descriptions. Not only that, but what happens in a few years when the assiaction staff has completely changed?

I do not know much about co-op and the such, but I do very much like the idea of this beeing a special group designed for a single focused purpose.

-Wayne

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think it only makes sense for a local organization to run this. U4WDA is a congolomorate of affiliated clubs and lots of others who are not affiliated with anything. Some of the members are local to Moab and can help maintain and moniter this land. Nobody seems to have a problem with how the Hammers are managed or any of the other areas that are monitered and maintained by local groups for the benefit of all.

While much of the money may come from out of state, it is more convenient and logical to have it run by people that live near enough to the land and have access to the government to manage/protect it. Having someone outside do this is like haveing a Senator from Delewar sponsor a bill to close down land in Utah (which we know happens and can agree is bad mojo).

The land is not going to be managed for the sole benefit of U4WDA but for the benefit of all 4 wheelers.

Also, having just 1 select group of people in charge of it may not be a good idea in the long run. Sometimes people move away, move on to other things, or just can't maintain an active role in such a team. Organizations such as the U4wda continually bring in new blood and will be around far longer than a select group of 'x' individuals.

Cody