Update Herzog's Two Seat Buggy gets Resurrected!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Most of you guys have wheeled with @Herzog and his 2 Seat Buggy that he built in 2004. - https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/my-buggy-build-up-report.11167/

He parted it out to build his Buggy 2.0 4 seater and the chassis ended up sitting for quite awhile.

Eventually, it found it's way to Colorado... @JPMoab was going to build it, but decided he needed a little more room and a slightly bigger rig. He put me in touch with the guy he sold it to, who lives in Grand Junction! His name is Steven B. and while he's not on RME, I asked him if he cared if I shared his progress & changes to get it back on the trail. I think Steven has done an amazing job with the chassis & build, it's coming together very well.

Here's the new build plans;

• GM 6.0l LQ4 engine
  • 4l80E transmission
  • Atlas 3.0 Race Case
  • HP Dana 60
  • Ruff Stuff housing w/ 9" rear
  • 43" Super Swamper SX's
  • Fox 16" coilovers

This is going to be more of a photo dump rather than a build thread, Steven is sharing photo's of the progress with me and I'm passing them on. I will keep posting the updates as they come. At this rate, it'll be on the trail pretty soon! I think Steven said he wanted to have it on the trail by the Fall.

i-j68NKWj-XL.jpg

i-zdLLWn6-XL.jpg

i-Vb6XkjV-XL.jpg

i-tGQfMgR-XL.jpg

i-QjF4NLG-XL.jpg

i-W4X65xT-XL.jpg

i-3vs2BKT-XL.jpg

i-sF6Hzq7-XL.jpg

i-SVvkFFF-XL.jpg

i-xnnrDDK-XL.jpg

i-36Kznv3-XL.jpg

i-8hN9mz5-XL.jpg

i-t7VRKwc-XL.jpg

i-xKZWSJT-XL.jpg

i-p7wJBtG-XL.jpg

i-LvffJKX-XL.jpg

i-bfsCwNq-XL.jpg

i-DvwpzmM-XL.jpg

i-kcj54qt-XL.jpg

i-CWrWJvW-XL.jpg

i-38qdt3R-XL.jpg

i-dLbfv3v-XL.jpg

i-s74Vzmr-XL.jpg

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Looks like he's doing some good work, and throwing good parts at it. :cool:

@Herzog, it looks like he redid at least the rear suspension mounts. Are they longer arms than what you had originally?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Looks like he's doing some good work, and throwing good parts at it. :cool:

@Herzog, it looks like he redid at least the rear suspension mounts. Are they longer arms than what you had originally?

I’ll have to look closer tomorrow, checking this via mobile. It’s cool to see it come back to life!

Bart

Always loved the looks of that buggy and love to see the new drive train going in. Thanks for sharing this Greg.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

Looks like he redid the entire sub frame section, which is a good move. He's already updated and fixed many of the things I would have if I were to do it again. Good stuff!

Asbjorn

that first picture of it in my garage makes me cringe - so cluttered!

I’ve been keeping in touch with him to follow progress, and he’s done a great job. Much better than I could have done. Makes me wish I’d kept it and built it, but it just wasn’t the right fit for us and our plans of wheeling with a family & dog.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
that first picture of it in my garage makes me cringe - so cluttered!

I’ve been keeping in touch with him to follow progress, and he’s done a great job. Much better than I could have done. Makes me wish I’d kept it and built it, but it just wasn’t the right fit for us and our plans of wheeling with a family & dog.

Thank you for initially saving the chassis from its doom! :D