Hickey's 2015 JK Rubicon "Build" thread

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
My co-worker bought land at the south end of town and built exactly what you guys are talking about. The plan was just a garage for now to store the toys but they couldn't get the permitting for just that. They ended up building a garage with a small living space and plan to build bigger in a few years when they are closer to retirement. Their back yard is the cliff face and they are off the highway enough they don't hear too much noise.

rholbrook

I'm thinking a storage container would be a good start.
This thread is really off topic now. But since we are off topic, in La Verkin were you turn to go to Zions there is a storage container across the street from Maverick that is used as a drive-through coffee/smoothie shop. I noticed it last Friday when I went to ride the Toquerville Falls trail. Pretty cool setup, I didn't see it up close, it just caught my eye. I totally think it would work though

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
This thread is really off topic now. But since we are off topic, in La Verkin were you turn to go to Zions there is a storage container across the street from Maverick that is used as a drive-through coffee/smoothie shop. I noticed it last Friday when I went to ride the Toquerville Falls trail. Pretty cool setup, I didn't see it up close, it just caught my eye. I totally think it would work though

If it has room for a white Jeep owned by a bald guy in it, I think we're good to go? :D

rholbrook

If it has room for a white Jeep owned by a bald guy in it, I think we're good to go? :D

A white jeep owned by a bald pumpkin bellied white guy with a comb over starting from his ear and shoulder hair being blown in the wind as he drives topless in his jeep with Bon Jovi blasting cruising for the ladies in the mall parking lot.

mbryson

Supporting Member
A white jeep owned by a bald pumpkin bellied white guy with a comb over starting from his ear and shoulder hair being blown in the wind as he drives topless in his jeep with Bon Jovi blasting cruising for the ladies in the mall parking lot.

I keep MY shirt on. No one want to see that

rholbrook

Back to your thread Hickey. I just put some lift into our JKU last week. I went 2" in the back and 3" in the front. I put the extra inch to level it as well as help once the bumper and winch gets put on it. It got aligned yesterday and goes in for tint and clear bra crap tomorrow. I love the painted fenders but they are already taking a beating from people climbing in and out of the rear doors so I am having the clear bra stuff put on the front of the fendors and front edge of the hood.

I am having a hard time with tire size. This won't be a Moab crawler, it will be Harrison's transportation when he gets legal. I was thinking 35x12.50R17 wih the stock Rubicon wheels and spacers but after seeing yours, I may go to either a 325 or 315 except I think I want a 10 ply so I may have to go with a 35. I really like the new Rubicon wheels and I think they look good with my color of jeep. I really like how yours looks.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Any 315 is considered a 35" tire. I love the new style Rubicon wheels. I have 1.5" spacers. That's the most common size, but I think 1.25" will work as well.

The rear fenders take a beating from snow/mud/rocks thrown from the front tires. The hinges on the rear doors also suffer from road debris.

mbryson

Supporting Member
I need to snag some of those front mudflaps Greg has in his build thread for the mud/snow/debris (and I still had my top on for this picture....my wife's still in the car though...)arches_mud.JPG